Please for your honest thoughts on these 3 reg's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the sherwood maximus is a balanced piston bullet proof easy to service , oceanic delta great product aeris too, any of these 3 will work in warm water no problems sherwood known cold water performer oceanic higher service cost (parts) suggest you get LDS to let you try regs in pool or ocean if possible

As I said, three good regs. Aeris and Oceanic are part of the same corporate structure. I recommend them both because Oceanic has consistently bent over backwards to take take care of every request that I've ever made (including some rather strange ones like I need these part, and oh, buy the way, I'll be in Tromso next Tuesday).

As I said, three good regs. Aeris and Oceanic are part of the same corporate structure. I recommend them both because Oceanic has consistently bent over backwards to take take care of every request that I've ever made (including some rather strange ones like I need these part, and oh, buy the way, I'll be in Tromso next Tuesday).

I am kinda leaning towards the Delta 4, but I just want to make the right choice both for money and safety

This is true and I can vouch for it. I have an Aeris Epic on the way to them at their HQ now that they are going to take care FOC of due to faulty servicing at another place. The team at Oceanic/Aeris are a credit to their company and some other manufacturers could learn a lesson from them that the words CUSTOMER and SERVICE go hand in hand.

It also happens to be true that the Oceanic Delta is IMHO one of the best regs on the market right now.

So as Thalassa says, unless you are a guy who doesn't even rinse his reg, don't think any more. Get the Oceanic.

Great breathability, performs well in cold water (not sure if that would be an issue for you), easy and affordable to service, and the DVT is great especially for new divers that may not be as careful as they should when it comes to taking care of their gear.

I have the Aeris AT400/Pro w/DVT. I have been very happy with mine. They breathe great IMO, I have used them in mostly cooler water; around 44F-70F. I liked my Pro reg so much that I bought a second one for my backup.

The Sherwood Maximus has a balanced piston first stage with a diver adjustable second stage.

See link:
Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

23.2_REG_image_2.jpg

I forgot about that.

I'm not about to buy anything from Oceanic (or Aeris), especially anything I need to breathe from.
No, I have never used any of their regulators.
Yes I have used some of their other prodcucts including gauges,
I have only been diving for 35 years, maybe you can get a more experienced opinion...

I'm not about to buy anything from Oceanic (or Aeris), especially anything I need to breathe from.
I have only been diving for 35 years, maybe you can get a more experienced opinion...

haha...ok, good advice from someone who's never used their regulators. I've only been diving for 15 years, but using Oceanic regs for about 10 of those, but maybe you can get a more experience opinion.

Here's a more experienced opinion from someone who's used their regulators and lots of other too ... Oceanic is one of the finest manufacturers out there. Their designs are excellent and the customer service is unmatched. Their machine shops are, in fact, so good that when Deep Ocean Engineering was contracting for the fabrication of many of the most critical parts for their submersibles guess where they went. Right ... Oceanic.

So could you do us all the favor of enlightening us as to why you would not choose to buy anything from this manufacturer? It's a pretty important question because as Thalassa says there are a number of important institutions and organizations who rely on Oceanic.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom