Octopus holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I've been struggling with my octo on each dive because it always hangs.
I've tried the several octo holders and I was never satisfied.
First, the yellow cap. Too bad.

Difficult to put inside.

Then with the hose clip. The hose keeps running and the octo hanging.

Then threading the octo hose go and back in a BCD D ring. I haven't the courage to bend the hose so much.

Finally I've seen a silly solution :

Octo Holder Clip @ Divers-Supply.com

And it's so silly that I decided to do it myself, not because it's expensive, which is not, but for the pleasure to do it by myself.

This is the result :

and working in the attach.

I only had to buy the o-ring.
The size of the o-ring is :
Diameter : 40 mm
Toroid diameter : 3 mm
The textile ribbon is :
Wide : 3 cm
Long : 27 cm
The clip and the ribbon were taken from an old bag. The cost of the o-ring 25 cents.

Attachments

• IMG_4067.JPG
    IMG_4067.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,225
Last edited:
That is pretty slick and a great idea. I've been battling over which octo holder to get and I think that you just solved it for me! Thanks!

Very nice work.

I'd just be afraid the o-ring would break, especially if you're going to be doing OOA drills. There doesn't look to be an easy way to replace the o-ring.

A lot of similar octopus holders (maybe the one from Divers Supply) are made with a loop of thin bungee cord, which would be much more durable. Perhaps there's a way of stiching a length of bungee cord to your set-up instead?

Very nice work.

I'd just be afraid the o-ring would break, especially if you're going to be doing OOA drills. There doesn't look to be an easy way to replace the o-ring.

A lot of similar octopus holders (maybe the one from Divers Supply) are made with a loop of thin bungee cord, which would be much more durable. Perhaps there's a way of stiching a length of bungee cord to your set-up instead?

The one that sells Divers-Supply seems to have an o-ring also.
O-ring rubber is pretty resistant.

I have throw away all that useless stuff and put octopus on the neckle. Simple clean solution , nothing hanging around me :)) , always know where I have it!

Yes, that is one choice.
I've seen those solutions,

but I prefer to use one necklace for the main 2nd stage and leave the octopus at my side.

I use a snorkel keeper too. I loop it around a dring then shove the mouthpiece in the other loop.

29380_714427389688_6701843_40355741_3861480_n.jpg

Just got out the vacuum.

Last edited:
Snorkel keepers work and very affordable:support:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom