Octopus holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get to ask since I'm a new diver:blinking:: how long a bungee cord to you recommend? What brand of neoprene glue do you like and where should I look for it? Thanks for a solution to my problem, too!

I use Trident brand Neoprene Cement, but any one that comes in a tin with a brush cap will do. You can also use super glue or gorilla glue, as long as the glue stays dry when it gets wet again.

As for the length of bungee you'll just have to eye ball it. Take a length and make sure it wraps around the post of your mouthpiece at least 1.25 times. That should give you plenty to play with. Make sure it's snug before your tighten your knot. When you tighten your knot, you'll get a little bit more bungee in your loop. So if it's loose before you tighten, it'll be too loose when you finally do tighten it. You'll have a bit of extra hanging off your knot which you'll need to cut and singe with a flame. It's hard to tie bungee unless you have a bit of extra length.

After you tighten your knot, loop your bungee around a D-ring then slip your mouthpiece through to test it out.
Remember bungee can stretch 100% it's original length.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom