Overview and Comparison between the Deep6 Excursion and Genesis Centauri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Thunder Struck

16” “drysuit” NATO band

Great review.

Only question I have now is the lug measurement? Looking at NATO straps they usually come in 20mm, 22 or 24. Plus I can't seem to find any in 16" length. Probably because most watches are fashion statements not really used for diving.

So a link or manufacturer of a 16" stap would be great to have.

Anyway fantastic review.... most useful.

The strap size is 22mm.

The 16" strap I got from natostrapco.com.

Link here:
There's also a "black ops" variant in black (web site looks blue) here:

I'll go back and update the original posting. Nevermind. Looks like it's been too long and is locked out.

As for the red elastic strap, that one I got from bluesharkstraps.com. It's their "pajama stretch" series.
Link here:

The elastic one works quite well with a 7mm wetsuit and gloves. No problems with the strap loosening with wetsuit compression and the computer coming loose and spinning around.

@MacDuyver and @Thunder Struck thanks for promp replays. I can now start my search for the prefect SCUBA 22mm NATO strap.

Bloody annoyingly "YumYum Yellow" does not seem to be an option available for either styles. But I'm sure I will find something 22mm I like in 370mm length.

@MacDuyver and @Thunder Struck thanks for promp replays. I can now start my search for the prefect SCUBA 22mm NATO strap.

Bloody annoyingly "YumYum Yellow" does not seem to be an option available for either styles. But I'm sure I will find something 22mm I like in 370mm length.

Try reaching out to the strap company customer service/order line. They could probably rig up what you are looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom