Bungie mount for Deep6 Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've finally pulled the trigger on a Deep6 Excursion as a backup for my Peregrine. At this point I think I'll probably keep the Peregrine mounted on my camera tray and wrist mount the Excursion, but I usually wear a 3mm full suit, so I'm not sure how much I'll like the NATO strap when donning and doffing the wetsuit.

With that long preamble, I'm curious what people have done for bungie mounting the Excursion or similar watch style computers. Does one need some kind of plastic (3D printed?) mount for the computer? Perhaps I should ask in the DIY forum, but I have vague memories of some off-the-shelf solutions.

I put a modded Narked@90 Teric mount on mine:
Works OK after some file-work.

The N@90 tabs need to be narrowed (along the pin axis) and the tab ends opened to clear the longer tips of the D6 computer arms.

Factory pin fits fine.

img_20231020_133251918-jpg.806685

Yea, the black oxide coating is gone where I filed , but I can live with it. And no charger-clip issues, obviously. Big benefit to me is that it takes up less room now in my (gutted) Teric case that I use to house all of my computer stuff in my reg-bag.

Oh here we are:

not as pretty as the narked@90 one, but maybe cheaper.

Oh here we are:

This looks like the same company I bought my Geo 2 mounts from (it was through a SB post) and they work well. You will need to cut a slot for the charger, though.

Erik

I
Oh here we are:

I just got a longer strap. It lives on my drysuit unless charging.

The narked was expensive (but very cool). The other is 3D printed, at some point it'll need to be replaced. 3D is great, but parts do wear or get brittle or warp.

My strap was like 2 long ones for $20-$25. It's held from both sides so even if one pin broke no lost dc.

You would probably need to carve out one side of the underplate to fit the charging clip.
This is pretty easily done, though not as clean as doing it while printing would be. I bought mine 3 years ago and they’re still in good shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom