Deep6 Excursion Dive Computer Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elduderino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm a recreational diver that recently bought all my own gear and I wanted to do a short review on this computer since there isn't a whole lot out there about it aside from forums since it's not a huge name brand. I'm just a casual diver so this isn't meant to be some detailed technical breakdown, just kind of my personal experience and hopefully it helps someone else.

The face is about the size of a somewhat large watch. Maybe around the same size as a g shock or something like that. It's not massive by any means. It can definitely be worn when not diving as a watch without looking out of place. This could be a pro or a con depending on your preference. I'm not an old geezer like many of the folks on here haha so I can see everything just fine and prefer something that isn't gigantic on my wrist. The computer has the same algorithm as more expensive computers like Shearwater. It's very easy to see underwater with the backlight and it will vibrate and beep to alert you too. Granted I've not done anything crazy with the features since I'm just recreationally diving, but it's also straightforward to use. The battery seems to last a pretty long time. I just dove 3 days straight and didn't need to charge it at all. Not sure what the actual battery life is.

At $350 new I think this is a great computer for newer divers that don't want to get a Shearwater Peregrine, Teric or other more expensive computers. Part of the reason I got it is because if I ever do decide to get a fancier computer, this will make a great back up. And if I don't it's a perfectly capable computer. Deep6 was also great in terms of customer service and answering any questions I had so that was nice too.

Attachments

• 20230409_132553.jpg
    20230409_132553.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 128
I'm a recreational diver that recently bought all my own gear and I wanted to do a short review on this computer since there isn't a whole lot out there about it aside from forums since it's not a huge name brand. I'm just a casual diver so this isn't meant to be some detailed technical breakdown, just kind of my personal experience and hopefully it helps someone else.

The face is about the size of a somewhat large watch. Maybe around the same size as a g shock or something like that. It's not massive by any means. It can definitely be worn when not diving as a watch without looking out of place. This could be a pro or a con depending on your preference. I'm not an old geezer like many of the folks on here haha so I can see everything just fine and prefer something that isn't gigantic on my wrist. The computer has the same algorithm as more expensive computers like Shearwater. It's very easy to see underwater with the backlight and it will vibrate and beep to alert you too. Granted I've not done anything crazy with the features since I'm just recreationally diving, but it's also straightforward to use. The battery seems to last a pretty long time. I just dove 3 days straight and didn't need to charge it at all. Not sure what the actual battery life is.

At $350 new I think this is a great computer for newer divers that don't want to get a Shearwater Peregrine, Teric or other more expensive computers. Part of the reason I got it is because if I ever do decide to get a fancier computer, this will make a great back up. And if I don't it's a perfectly capable computer. Deep6 was also great in terms of customer service and answering any questions I had so that was nice too.
I'm glad to see it's working out for you.

I'm glad to see it's working out for you.
All the other gear has worked out great too. Really appreciate all your help getting me set up with it! I have my weight pretty dialed in now and just need 4lbs so I attached the small subgravity trim weight pouches to the waist strap instead of the larger hog ones. Not sure if you're supposed to do that, but it seems to work fine

All the other gear has worked out great too. Really appreciate all your help getting me set up with it! I have my weight pretty dialed in now and just need 4lbs so I attached the small subgravity trim weight pouches to the waist strap instead of the larger hog ones. Not sure if you're supposed to do that, but it seems to work fine
Awesome. I thought when we talked that it sounded like you were a little overweighted. I'm glad I could be of help!

As long as you can dump enough weight to get positive, you're in good shape as far as dumpable weight. I can't see an issue with using trim pouches as long as they are easy for you to access and manipulate.

Back
Top Bottom