Tool Bag and Individual Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as carrying a compact multi tool when actually underwater, other than tightening a loose hose, what other needs have a reasonable chance of cropping up?
My pandora tool stays in my wetnotes. I have used it to change a spool underwater and remove a valve handle to swap onto a different tank. It is primarily used on the surface to fix something at the waters edge.

When the right tool won't do call the Knipex Crew

Ha ha ha ha ha hey has a great ring to it, you think

You even get capitals ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You need two wrenches for some things, like removing the HP hose for a SPG, or the LP hose from a regulator.

What are people's thoughts on the need to have a grip on both side of a hose connection when connecting or disconnecting? Seems like it would be prudent but that basically doubles or wrench need.

What are people's thoughts on the need to have a grip on both side of a hose connection when connecting or disconnecting? Seems like it would be prudent but that basically doubles or wrench need.
It is more than prudent. You can screw up your 2nd stage cracking setting and/or score the seat in it, or ruin the SPG, if you only use one wrench.

As far as carrying a compact multi tool when actually underwater, other than tightening a loose hose, what other needs have a reasonable chance of cropping up?
While I do have a star-tool in my pouch.... you probably don't need one, if you're doing recreational diving. Even a loose hose could probably be hand-tightened (though I've never tested it under pressure).

Maybe if you did something like cave-diving, it might be far more worthwhile carrying some kind of tool.

Thought I had a great tool kit. Took it on a 5-island cruise. Salt water and steel don't mix well. Replaced it with Stainless from McMaster-Carr. Added crescent wrench, bit driver set, and two L-Key sets (SAE and Metric).
1674009409469.png

Wow that's some roll, are you a dentist

So how's it going today butcheriwsersW

Did you hear about the one that invented the toilet seat lifter
It's called the foot, but apparently the problem is going down

Remember these ones tips

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

but
I would recommend him, this one
this one she's a real beauty mate

014.JPG

So stop marring your stuff and yourselves with those stinking springy Allen keys and get some Allen sockets

Now for important business, what about we start a diving troupe, and call it “KNIPPEXES”
or the “KNIPETTES” for all the knipperers out there and call it The UDT SB KNIPPETTES
SCUBABOARD KNIPPETTES UNDERWATER DANCING TEAM KNIPPESTES ooh yeah!

Not that there's anything wrong with that, you know one day I was dropping down a funnel
with a couple of dudes, that were quite enthusiastic about being my buddy, of a buddy pair

So, seeing as each were having difficulty eradicating the other, when we were about to hit
whichever deck it was we all arrested our descent I grabbed one guy and started waltzing

Vertical trim was the order of the minute and after a couple of well orchestrated twists and
twirls I handed him off to the other dude and then disappeared not poof around the corner

They had a buddy pair, I was at peace with myself

Do yourself a favour

I'm a big fan of Knipex. I have multiple pairs of their pliers at work and love these in lue of standard adjustable wrenches. I keep a 5" in my save a dive kit along with a reg crescent. I'll add a 2nd to replace the crescent when I feel like not being cheap.

KNIPEX Tools 86 03 125, 5-Inch Mini Pliers Wrench https://a.co/d/9YEqo8y
Picked up a 5 inch Knipex at Lowes :cool:

Back
Top Bottom