Tool Bag and Individual Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still wish they would implement a square drive stem wrench. More than once I have had team mates lose valve knobs on a dive. I have used this tool to remove a handwheel from one deco tank to open another deco tank. A square hole anywhere in it would be very handy.
I believe that's one of the purposes for the cutout in the middle of the tool. See pic.
PXL_20230117_194230330.jpg

I believe that's one of the purposes for the cutout in the middle of the tool. See pic.View attachment 764869
It would appear you are correct. Does it have enough grip to turn it?
I don't have a version 3, I still have a 2.0 and it doesn't have anything that will turn a stem.

It would appear you are correct. Does it have enough grip to turn it?
I don't have a version 3, I still have a 2.0 and it doesn't have anything that will turn a stem.
I didn't have any problems opening the valve, so yes, I think so.

FWIW, it's not without its faults. It's quite dense, sometimes it's difficult to fit the wrench around a hose fitting on the first stage. The Allen bits are all in one line, so it's not possible to insert the middle one into a socket that is mounted flush with a larger plate. But can usually get the job done.

I have another flat multitool (Berteltool) that does fewer things but I think it does them more comfortably. That one I carry in my wetnotes.

1673988817078.png

You can find other tools in similar style (like V4Tec wetnotes tool).

As far as carrying a compact multi tool when actually underwater, other than tightening a loose hose, what other needs have a reasonable chance of cropping up?

I dive with a 6" stainless adjustable in my pocket.

As far as carrying a compact multi tool when actually underwater, other than tightening a loose hose, what other needs have a reasonable chance of cropping up?
Perhaps a blade for cutting someone's hose, like in the last reel of Thunderball?

I haven't used mine underwater. I did use it on the surface while getting ready, for adjusting a hard Goodman handle or tightening a bolt on the lamp head.

Come on down and get your pliers and shifters or whatever generiscism permits and you too can all join this guy

View attachment 764826

but definitely not in skill nor competence but in name only
Be very carful with some of the 'tools' shown on this thread, you could butcher some expensive scuba gear, just saying.

I also have the above tool, but it stays at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom