Things I've learned along the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You wear a sports bra while diving?
Yep - I like the extra support and coverage. My bikini top seems like a 'wardrobe malfunction' waiting to happen, and I don't like wearing a one-piece when I have to hit the marine head.

Yep - I like the extra support and coverage. My bikini top seems like a 'wardrobe malfunction' waiting to happen, and I don't like wearing a one-piece when I have to hit the marine head.
Hah! Marine head... this is why my wetsuits are front zip. :wink: So much easier to unzip partially and let a bunch of water flow through and flush out the suit for the remainder of the dive.

Hah! Marine head... this is why my wetsuits are front zip. :wink: So much easier to unzip partially and let a bunch of water flow through and flush out the suit for the remainder of the dive.
I just learned how to pee in the water in the last year - yes, it's true. I used to be the ONE person who didn't pee in their wetsuit and wasn't lying about it! But no matter how much I pee in the water I still need to hit the head on the surface interval!

I just learned how to pee in the water in the last year - yes, it's true. I used to be the ONE person who didn't pee in their wetsuit and wasn't lying about it! But no matter how much I pee in the water I still need to hit the head on the surface interval!
I took me a while to pee in the suit... huge psychological block to get over.

You never fastened your bra in front and then pulled it around to get it on? Hell, that’s what I learned growing up and it’s so much easier. I’ll sometimes unhook in a back to get them off but that’s in.

Something bra related I just thought about. You NEVER wear an underwire bra when drysuit diving. Sports bra with no wire only. Seems to have taken some women only once to learn no underwire the hard way.
Huh? I’ve been diving underwire bra in my drysuit for 30 years. Seriously get fitted properly. If your underwires are an issue you are doing it wrong. I have a sweet 15 year old and i spring for proper bras for her. Nothing wrong with underwires.

I apologize for the joke, I didn't realize this was the Women's Perspectives Forum until I saw this thread displayed on the main forums page. I ended up here by clicking on the new posts tab. I guess my little smiley ducking a flying object didn't rate a laugh.

I’ve never had a problem peeing in a wetsuit (all ones I owned). I’d still have to use the facilities between dives. The downside of being well hydrated.

I apologize for the joke, I didn't realize this was the Women's Perspectives Forum until I saw this thread displayed on the main forums page. I ended up here by clicking on the new posts tab. I guess my little smiley ducking a flying object didn't rate a laugh.
I admit to being vaguely amused... the emoticon clinched it. :wink:

I don't think I've mentioned this - nor did anyone else, but I could be wrong. Rather than using Moisture Munchers in my camera housing I have started using the dessicant packets that come in supplement, vitamin and medication bottles. I was finding that the Moisture Munchers moved around in the housing - never got in front of the lens, but just didn't stay in place. These packets go directly under the camera and stay in place. I had a minor leak one day and the dessicant package puffed up like a diaper and absorbed everything it could. I've never tested a Moisture Muncher to see what they can absorb, but this is a free and reliable solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom