Things I've learned along the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How does Roger go without checked bags if he has camera equipment and strobes?
We check bags when diving - except for the trip to dive for meg teeth when we didn't take cameras. But if/when we go back I WILL be taking my camera. There were some cool things to see down there even though the viz was often less than 5 feet.

The SheFit Velcro shoulder straps can defy space & time.
These magical devices bring the girls back to high school elevation and keeps them there.
I ordered one and received it today. I wonder if I needed a size larger. Here's the story. It fits - and had to be made smaller around and I had to cinch up the straps, but too much 'side boob fat' shows on the sides and I can't abide that!! The lululemon covers basically from armpit to armpit. But I really liked the bag the Shefit bra came in, so I'm having a hard time sending it back!! But it's going back. :cool:

Here's a new one for folks shooting a TG6. I had disabled my GPS on the camera because if you accidentally turn it on it will eat up your battery. HOWEVER, I had set my internal clock to keep up with the changing time zones, and that automatically turns the GPS back ON (because it does this via satellite). I didn't notice the blinking icon that looked like. syringe to me - not like a satellite! So my battery was going to "BATTERY EMPTY' during the second dive, nearly every day of this last trip. Roger was cleaning my gear (God bless him) and wondered why my battery was dying when his wasn't, and he noticed the satellite icon and discovered why this was happening.

TL;DR ... disable the GPS button on the housing AND DON'T have the clock turned on to automatically keep track of the time zones.

Here's a new one for folks shooting a TG6. I had disabled my GPS on the camera because if you accidentally turn it on it will eat up your battery. HOWEVER, I had set my internal clock to keep up with the changing time zones, and that automatically turns the GPS back ON (because it does this via satellite). I didn't notice the blinking icon that looked like. syringe to me - not like a satellite! So my battery was going to "BATTERY EMPTY' during the second dive, nearly every day of this last trip. Roger was cleaning my gear (God bless him) and wondered why my battery was dying when his wasn't, and he noticed the satellite icon and discovered why this was happening.

TL;DR ... disable the GPS button on the housing AND DON'T have the clock turned on to automatically keep track of the time zones.
My wife learned this on our recent trip to Bonaire. She had never purposefully turned it on, but certainly learned how to turn in off :)

My wife learned this on our recent trip to Bonaire. She had never purposefully turned it on, but certainly learned how to turn in off :)
Did she remove the little rubber 'foot' from the toggle inside the housing? That was the original source of my problem. It's so easy to accidentally toggle it 'on' while handling and packing it.

I ended up buying two extra batteries as back up anyway. Eventually that battery will begun to loose its oomph and I'll be prepared.

Did she remove the little rubber 'foot' from the toggle inside the housing? That was the original source of my problem. It's so easy to accidentally toggle it 'on' while handling and packing it.

I ended up buying two extra batteries as back up anyway. Eventually that battery will begun to loose its oomph and I'll be prepared.
No, she just learned to make sure it was off.

I ordered one and received it today. I wonder if I needed a size larger. Here's the story. It fits - and had to be made smaller around and I had to cinch up the straps, but too much 'side boob fat' shows on the sides and I can't abide that!! The lululemon covers basically from armpit to armpit. But I really liked the bag the Shefit bra came in, so I'm having a hard time sending it back!! But it's going back. :cool:

I would exchange it becuase it should not create the side boob if fitted properly. I do love the wash bag, it keeps my she fits nice while washing & drying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom