Things I've learned along the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don’t know about yours, but my wetsuit takes much longer than a couple of hours to dry on a liveaboard - even just the inside.
My quick-dry materials dry almost instantly - within minutes. (Probe's Frogskin and i-Dry semi-dry)

Multiple wetsuits? Wow, I only have room/weight for one... Priorities I guess.

Prefer a shorty but sometimes need a full (night dives) so that is two, and a second shorty adds almost nothing and they all make great padding for fragile stuff. I use a duffle bag as luggage rather than hard side so it seems to work for me. But as I said the trade off is volume and weight.

Don’t know about yours, but my wetsuit takes much longer than a couple of hours to dry on a liveaboard - even just the inside.
My quick-dry materials dry almost instantly - within minutes. (Probe's Frogskin and i-Dry semi-dry)

I’ve always had two wetsuits so I have a dry one for the second dive 😂

I’m a fan of the Henderson hooded vest, Hawaii 9 years and it’s not that warm.

Sometimes I take a thermos of hot water and pour it in my wetsuit after my first night dive and the cells hold the water pretty long!

I use the 120 rule in my head to back up my Suunto.
Mask travels in booties, always use a SMB even if you think you don’t need it so you get flawless.

Traveling, I love the Prana Halle pant because I can wash them in the shower (I throw them in the floor under my feet with shower gel and stomp around while washing my hair and shaving my legs….

Also I just bought the Arcterix lightest hoodie so I can use it as solar protection, sleeping layer, or rash guard.

9EC3ED91-088D-487F-8319-5B5C4BFED024.jpeg

12B3717D-0A28-4776-A010-47177DFFC403.jpeg

F14F8198-6799-40F3-AE1F-0CB98991F8C9.jpeg

Solomon quick dry t shirt

Tiny speaker

B4688AD2-9649-499D-8985-6E3C7CF4DF23.jpeg

One goal I’ve had this year is to become a better packer because my husband is super organized and I’m usually a **** show.

Outdoor Research in Seattle makes the best windbreaker hoodie (teal) called the Whirlwind.

The technical fabrics pack so small!

These kimonos are on Amazon and pack small.
I’m always not feeling right if I don’t have my own robe amd for slippers I use the shortest Uggs because I find them great on road trips, dive boats, and climbing down the ladder of the tent.
answering the door for room service, going in the balcony etc
35002F78-CB96-4A90-81E6-55DE0B33D3D6.jpeg

My vanity box allows me to do my contacts and everything while I wait for my hand ground coffee
😂

1A36D728-BD56-4AB8-8673-5846F816A007.jpeg

I’m very prissy but my husband and I compromise and contrasting roughing it with nice hotels makes you appreciate both.

A few more products

A cashmere stocking cap is great for after the dive if it’s chilly and also for bed head when camping…

I love the sling bags for essentials when I do not want a purse. I buy cheap sunnies with readers from Amazon and they stay on my head because they are so lightweight

In hotels or a tent, I like the small hanging bags to use as a nightstand so I don’t forget anything. Earphones, phone, lip balm, water bottle, Melatonin.

I’ve never used defog because I like to slightly flood my mask and rearrange the mask on my face a few times each dive.

When I dived with lots of photography equipment, (a pain for the boat crew) I just tip for the week after day one and I find everything goes more smoothly. Taking them a breakfast sandwich if they have had a late night 😐seems
like a good idea depending on where you are.
860EF0C3-DC7B-48FE-9476-8E8B176527BA.jpeg

C31EE31D-C791-40D6-BD8A-AF3B26D01A70.jpeg

A surge protector bar allows you to charge all your devices together (and at airports) so it’s often worth the space it takes.

A carabiner is good to have so you can tether your phone inside a jacket or bag (and one for your keys)

31BFE895-2B7E-4DF5-8F0B-619E6AD88192.jpeg

Kimela, we have found that the backpack is an acceptable personal item and I put my small purse inside.

How does Roger go without checked bags if he has camera equipment and strobes?

E89ECF65-B04C-4AE3-A6C5-EBB1B71009FB.jpeg

JB likes this carry on

2AE8A1F6-EE48-4922-9156-2A5C5162ADBE.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom