NEW in 2013! Small, smart, tough and affordable !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pic in post #23 looked very thick to me, but after checking the stated dimensions...if the 2.2"x2.2"x0.9" dimensions are correct, that's a tiny computer.

It has a nice wrist presence, and I would assume would not get in the way of manipulating gear, switching tanks, etc

Any more news here guys? Are they shipping yet or are you still applying last minute tweeks? B.

Same here, any news yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Vaporware...

I was told 2 weeks ago the presale would start that weekend. Here we are two weeks later still nothing. I gave up on this computer.

I am still interested depending on prices. I can understand from a liability stand point of the company wanting to work out last minute improvements before releasing a product. The firearms industry is FAMOUS for announcing a new product for immediate sale and not being able to find it on a shelf for two years after an announcement. It's part of testing a market for viability before investing millions of dollars. It's a cheap shot (pun intended) but a fact of life in today's decisions to supply a product. Fortunately I'm not in need of buying another computer today. Having said that, a Shearwater is weighing heavily in my future. B.

No news on their facebook as well. It's a shame to lose potential sales by not keeping the public up to date.

No news on their facebook as well. It's a shame to lose potential sales by not keeping the public up to date.

I sent XDeep a message asking about the computer and the following is the reply they gave me:

" Hello,
The bottom timer will be launched within next days. The computers are now heavily tested and will be launched in couple of weeks. The good news is that the BLACK will be much better than we planned - we added new great features."

On a side note does any body know how many stores will carry this when released? As of right now I only know of one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Not sure. I'm stationed in Germany and there is only 2-3 in the country from what I see. The characteristics and price points mentioned so far would make it a great buy. By the time we would get a pair it should be well tested by customers and hopefully any kinks are worked out.

I rather wait and make sure there aren't many problems than release it and have tons of problems. I'm a gamer and know very much how bad it can be if a product is released before it is ready (it is especially true of MMOs). The price seems right and so want an OLED PDC but can't afford the Petral or Lynx.

You've got that right :) there was a few another upgrades but done sometime ago and units will be on pre-sale next week. With massive demand worldwide we will buy what we can from manufacturer but we already know that it will be limited quantities delivered over few week period so we will sell them on first come first serve basis.

Newest tweaks ? We have upgraded from 1.69 inch screen size (liqui... size) to frameless 1.89 inch still keeping same size of the unit ! Looks awesome.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom