Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is their customer service in the US?
I have 2 IX3M’s and service has always been spotty or nonexistent. Over the past 4 plus years we have never even able to connect with transmitters to monitor tank pressures. I have not been able to get any help or resolution to the problem. All other functions continue to work and reading and seeing screen is easy even in difficult low viz situations.
I have been informed by my dealer that a new structure is in place for the US. I will probably do the trade in upgrade if I get some assurance that connection to transmitter will occur.

So was thinking of getting another transmitter as my current one is a royal unreliable pain in the arse and noted that Ratio has really upped their prices in everything. Anyone else notice that. Upgrade codes for the various computers have gone up, transmitter prices gone up as well as the computers them selves. Will be skipping on any more transmitters from Ratio too high a cost considering the grief I have had so far with my one
Which ones are you seeing as increased? Or maybe the original prices in this thread??
I first found them a few months ago, and made some notes about them compared to other products. The prices seem to be the same still.
Comparing to a post from two years ago: Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!
At the time the iX3M2 Pro was €650/$678, but at the exchange rates today, €650 is $725. I see it listed at $800 on their website (in the US, I can't see the euro prices).
The transmitter was €300 euros/$313, but today €300 is $335. On the website it's $420.
Not insubstantial - certainly for the pod, but not crazy for the DC itself.

I couldn't find the prices for the upgrades, that one does disappoint me if it's changed a lot.

Or was there a drop in price at some point? I didn't look through the entirety of the thread.

Which ones are you seeing as increased? Or maybe the original prices in this thread??
I first found them a few months ago, and made some notes about them compared to other products. The prices seem to be the same still.
Comparing to a post from two years ago: Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!
At the time the iX3M2 Pro was €650/$678, but at the exchange rates today, €650 is $725. I see it listed at $800 on their website (in the US, I can't see the euro prices).
The transmitter was €300 euros/$313, but today €300 is $335. On the website it's $420.
Not insubstantial - certainly for the pod, but not crazy for the DC itself.

I couldn't find the prices for the upgrades, that one does disappoint me if it's changed a lot.

Or was there a drop in price at some point? I didn't look through the entirety of the thread.
So Iv have been purchasing directly from the Ratio website. Which has shown 300euro transmitter now at 400euro. upgrades were 100 euro now 150
Iv not used other websites as to directly ship to Qatar in the Middle East I have had to use the Ratio website. I have noted that on sites such as GI the transmitters are a fair bit cheaper. So thats something that is food for thought for me

Got it, thanks. In the US, I can't see the Euro prices on the Ratio Website, only the USD ones.
I agree that the upgrade price increase seems like a lot (the conversion is pretty bad, too, it's now $200 USD instead of $165), and I'm consistently confused that the "after the fact" upgrade costs more than twice the difference as much as the "buy the device with the extra software already loaded".
I understand wanting to make some some early purchase incentives, but still...

Got it, thanks. In the US, I can't see the Euro prices on the Ratio Website, only the USD ones.
I agree that the upgrade price increase seems like a lot (the conversion is pretty bad, too, it's now $200 USD instead of $165), and I'm consistently confused that the "after the fact" upgrade costs more than twice the difference as much as the "buy the device with the extra software already loaded".
I understand wanting to make some some early purchase incentives, but still...
Yeah pricing seems to be getting a bit silly. Suppose time will tell if people will pay it or not

Yeah pricing seems to be getting a bit silly. Suppose time will tell if people will pay it or not

Yes, it is getting to be silly an painful but so is everything else. We are paying almost double for imported goods since COVID and now the middle east war and its expanding Implications. This is happening across most lines and brands in scuba as far as I can see (in addition to other none-scuba goods). Many people in my area are doing free diving only because they can't afford scuba equipment.

Over the past 4 plus years we have never even able to connect with transmitters to monitor tank pressures.

The transmitters are crap. I have three of those and every one of them failed electronically and had to be repaired by Ratio. I paid a local dive shop to deal with the support.

After they were fixed, they are still volatile. I keep extra spgs due to frequent failures. Pressure readings are intermittently wrong or gone.

With backmount, the range is probably not enough. I have Sidemount.

You can get ratio incredibly cheap online because no one wants it. But be prepared for some pain.

Also they are very fiddly with the cables, you may need to try out different ones to keep them reliably connected to the PC

The transmitters are crap. I have three of those and every one of them failed electronically and had to be repaired by Ratio. I paid a local dive shop to deal with the support.

After they were fixed, they are still volatile. I keep extra spgs due to frequent failures. Pressure readings are intermittently wrong or gone.

With backmount, the range is probably not enough. I have Sidemount.

You can get ratio incredibly cheap online because no one wants it. But be prepared for some pain.

Also they are very fiddly with the cables, you may need to try out different ones to keep them reliably connected to the PC
The transmitters are very bad. I found increasing the gain gets them working for BM when it connects to the computer which is around 60% working rate at the moment. Not tried them in SM as cant bring myself to buy another one of their transmitters. The charging cable attachments are horrific as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom