Ratio Computers - No Support at All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

Thank you for all your replies.

I emailed them at 2nd of September, and then 6th of September. Got reply on 12th of september. Asking me to send the computer to them to analyse.

Of course I've waited and checked my spam folders before posting that to here. I'm happy with the computer after all. I could have a faulty unit, it could be my fault etc it is not important, I wouldn't post something like that if I got a reply from them sooner. Unfortunately the most problematic thing here is the support part. I could be on a dive trip at the other end of the world with a broken dive computer or something. I believe that kind of late support is not acceptable at all. But ofc, that is my opinion. I've also ordered transmittors from them last year, they arrived very late and I had really hard time trying to reach to someone. I was only able to reach some people from Divesystem.com, they helped me with my order and made sure my order arrived me. Long story short, it is really very hard to reach someone from info@ratio-computers.com email, which is their support email on their website.

It was surprising to see many other people facing same issues. That means computer have software problems with AI(@plj tells that it happened after software updates). That also means thet buttons have chronic problems. It is not a big deal as long as they work fine, I don't care about their clicky feeling.

It seems, at the moment, computer is not very reliable. Ratio-computers is a great brand. Computer specs and software is the best in my opinion. Thats why I purchased it in the first place. Hopefully they'll resolve these problems soon. By then, I'll just buy another dive computer(possibly Garmin Descent Mk3i) and contact my local distrubitor for repair/analyse of the ratio computer. Then I'll use ratio as my backup computer. Hopefully they'll fix these issues and then I'd buy an iX3M 3 or 4 to use as my main computer again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom