Question Ratio ix3m 2 pro bluetooth pin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stepfen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any idea what is the default bluetooth pin code for the Ratio ix3m 2 DC?
Nothing mentioned about Bluetooth connection to the manual nor in the howto videos :(
I tried commonly used 0000 and 1234 with no luck.

Bluetooth (hardware) is installed, but not yet useful. Ratio is developing a smartphone app as we speak, to be released later this year. For now, only connection by cable.

I had exactly the same question and asked Ratio, that's how I know.

Don't tell me I have to use this (very) flimsy usb adapter every time???!!!
I don't know yours, but my adapter looks very fragile. The Usb connector side moves inside the plastic cover up and down. It is a matter of time the internal electrical connections will break.
And the DC has bluetooth but it is not used? What the f* ??

My AI pod was also dead on arrival (to be honest almost dead, it charges ok but won't turn on when gas is applied) - what else?

Don't shoot the messenger, please :wink:

My cable connects and works just fine. Still waiting on the transmitter though. Should be coming in soon.

And the DC has bluetooth but it is not used? What the f* ??
They haven't developed the app yet, matter of priorities, I guess. Just be glad they installed the hardware already...

Don't shoot the messenger, please :wink:
Sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm just a bit of upset with Ratio. Already more than 24hours since I told them about the faulty "new" transmitter - no reply whatsoever. And then this about bluetooth. I like to upload dive data asap after the dive (so that I don't forget things) and having to connect cables to a (wet) DC doesn't sound good.
Anyway. Maybe I just have to change habits.

Any idea what is the default bluetooth pin code for the Ratio ix3m 2 DC?
Nothing mentioned about Bluetooth connection to the manual nor in the howto videos :(
I tried commonly used 0000 and 1234 with no luck.
It is the ratio serial number

I think it has already been answered somewhere. For now bluetooth is useless as it doesn't support data exchange with eg subsurface etc. Ratio devs are supposed to be developing their own app right now that should/might work over bluetooth. Until they have it ready, there is no point (and I think no way) to pair it.
The only way for now to get dive data out is through the usb cable.
To me this is definitely one of the 2 most important cons of Ratio right now (with the other being the lack of surfGF, GF99 etc)

I think it has already been answered somewhere. For now bluetooth is useless as it doesn't support data exchange with eg subsurface etc. Ratio devs are supposed to be developing their own app right now that should/might work over bluetooth. Until they have it ready, there is no point (and I think no way) to pair it.
The only way for now to get dive data out is through the usb cable.
To me this is definitely one of the 2 most important cons of Ratio right now (with the other being the lack of surfGF, GF99 etc)
That is not correct. Bluetooth currently allows you to download data to Diving Logic v6.0. I have been doing dive data directly for some time. All that you need the cable for is charging and updates via their toolbox. I hope this helps.

That is not correct. Bluetooth currently allows you to download data to Diving Logic v6.0. I have been doing dive data directly for some time. All that you need the cable for is charging and updates via their toolbox. I hope this helps.
What app is that? I download mine via BT to subsurface mobile

Back
Top Bottom