Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allow me to express my opinion.
What I like about it
-The size of the screen and the buttons.
-easy to use by far.
-It can be charged by my android phone the same goes for the transmitter.
-i can download my dives to my android phone by usb or bluetooth.
-No need to carry a huge charging pad or replacing the battery.

What I don’t like about it.
-The toolbox application is with limited benefits.
-No phone app form ratio.
-no SurfGF or GF99.
-The charging adapter can easily be lost and it is expensive. it still uses micro usb.
-You can accidentally change the compass heading. in the next update Conformation message may do the job.

i did not dive with it yet. i cant wait to go diving with it.
photo_2024-02-18_21-18-42.jpg
ZFC_0032.JPG
ZFC_0039.JPG
photo_2024-02-18_22-57-42.jpg
ZFC_0041.png

i use note10+ and mate30pro both phones can charge and download the dive logs. as you can see i use a usb type-c with changeable usb ports. replaced the o-ring for the adapter. the orignal one was broken out of the box the spare one was too thick and tight. Since I thought of changing my diving computer, I have read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos. In all honesty, there are many competing options with different features that suit many needs. I like to use distinctive things that not many people use, just to avoid sharing some accessories. You are free to say whatever you want to say about me. I'm not good at talking to strangers a lot while resting on the surface, so I use my phone and listen to music a lot. It would be useful for me if I could download my dive log and at the same time charge my diving computer. i dont like wireless charging or replacing the battery.

dive mate for andriod

dive log for andriod

subsurface for andriod

connectiong ratio ix3m2 deep to andriod phone.
photo_2024-02-18_22-57-42.jpg
photo_2024-02-18_23-35-44.jpg
photo_2024-02-18_23-35-49.jpg

Yeah, I finally came to the same conclusion. In my comment above, I was still assuming that the GPS worked underwater. When I read Ratio had a computer with GPS, I thought Navy SEALs, not Google Maps... I've since realized another item, Ratio's colored transmitters - you can't see the colors at any depth... smh

That was a pretty uninformed assumption that the GPS would work underwater. That's a well known physical limitation of the underlying technology, not a device limitation. I use my Garmin to track entry and exit points. On the boat, turn on dive mode, check computer settings, buddy check, and by the time I'm ready to descend, I have a GPS lock. When the watch descends, it records the last known GPS point as the entry point of the dive. Then the reverse happens when I surface.

I have the non-GPS version of the iX3M2, and I assume that it works in the same way.

If you know anything about GPS, you know that the device (or external antenna) requires direct line of sight to satellites. Roofs, buildings, thick tree coverage and clouds all reduce GPS signal strength and accuracy. That's why cars with built-in nav have GPS antennas built into the windscreen, the top of the dash, or the wing mirrors. It's why marine GPS units use external antennas on the top of the vessel. Garmin have been making GPS units for over 30 years. They have a lot of experience in employing strategies to improve performance in less than ideal situations.

I don't expect Ratio's GPS to be as good as Garmin, but certainly good enough to mark the start and end locations for my dive.

As for not being able to see the coloured transmitters at depth - your comment is only showing your ignorance!

Back
Top Bottom