Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ratio Dive Computers just announced the release of their newest, most advanced and highly customizable iX3M 2 dive computer with substantial upgrades from the previous version:

Here is information from Ration concerning the new dive computer:

"we focused on this objectives on the iX3M 2:

- A "Bulletproof" Product. We think that the base of everything is the product. It have to be Solid, Reliable and "Effortless" for the end-user.
To make the iX3M2 we put new energy in our R&D team (we now have 5 engineers specialized in different sectors), we took all the good stuff of the iX3M1, we learned by our past experience and listened the market feedback.
We really believe that the iX3M2 is our best dive computer yet.

• New User interface delivers the best user-experience.
  • The Biggest display on the market.
  • New Body: Light but strong.
  • New Electronic Board: stable and reliable.
  • New Entry level model ("iX3M 2 Pro") with 3 Nitrox.
    (... for more information have a look at the .pdf file attached.)
- Production Capabilities: Big Stock of Raw materials. We are living in times where is not easy to have raw materials for production. To face this difficult situation we decided to double our usual stock of raw materials to guarantee stable production and product delivery to our distribution chain.

- Price Stability. The prices of our products will be kept stable through the year. This allows to keep stock of iX3M2 in your warehouse with no worries. Remember that our goal is to have our product as close as possible to the final customers. We will need you help and trust on this point."

Much more than "Super Readable"

The All-New Interface delivers the best user experience ever. iX3M 2 has a clear interface and a huge Display - the largest of the category.

The iX3M 2 Interface is designed to give you our best User Experience yet. With its clear interface and its large display, iX3M 2 is second to none.

You won't need your glasses to read this!

iX3M 2 con schermo super grande

Introducing LSK Interface:
You won't have to wonder which button to press

You have 4 buttons and a command line (Line Select Key) which remind you which button to use.

Easy, isn't it?

iX3M 2 legenda Line Select Key

All-New Hardware

A Lighter but more robust casing. High-Profile Screws to protect the Display from the scratches. A Stronger Vibration alarm.

iX3M 2 nuova cassa

No alarm goes Unnoticed.
Visual + Acoustic + Vibration.

You are going to notice one at least.

iX3M 2 vibrazione

Air, Nitrox, Trimix, Gauge and CCR

There is an iX3M 2 for every diver.

iX3M 2 Pro
Air + Nitrox, 3 Mixes

iX3M 2 Deep
Air + Nitrox + Trimix (Normoxic), 3 Mixes

iX3M 2 Tech+
Air + Nitrox + Trimix (full) + CCR, 10 Mixes
with user-settable Gradient Factors (High & Low) and Critical Bubble Radius.

(You can upgrade the firmware of your version of the iX3M 2 by paying for a license upgrade and use a software key to open all of the features of the next higher version of the computer; Pro to Deep to Tech+, as easy as that!! Your start with the version that is most suitable for your diving level and upgrade as your qualifications and needs are upgraded. Your investment with Ratio iX3M 2 is always protected)

Full Deco Table. Everything is going as Planned.

iX3M 2 gives you tons of information on your dive.

As soon as you exceed no-decompression limit you will see your decompression table with all the deco stops you will have to make. iX3M 2 updates the deco table in real-time and it always keeps you informed on the deco stops you have to make.

iX3M 2 tabella deco mostrata in immersione

Up to 4 Decompression Algorithms

You can choose between 4 decompression algorithms for your dive. Or you can let iX3M2 take care of it.

>Buhlmann ZHL 12

>Buhlmann ZHL 16B

>Buhlmann ZHL 16C

>VPM-B

iX3M 2 4 Algoritmi decompressivi

*All 4 Algorithms are available for iX3M 2 Deep and iX3M 2 Tech+.
Only Buhlmann ZHL16C Algorithm for iX3M 2 Pro.

Multi Wireless Transmitters

iX3M 2 can connect with up to 10* Wireless Air Transmitters as the same time.

*up to 3 with iX3M2 Pro, up to 3 with iX3M2 Deep, up to 10 with iX3M2 Tech+
(Wireless Air Transmitters sold separately).

iX3M 2 con schermo super grande

Multi Transmitter:
Side Mount Mode

iX3M 2 has a Multi Transmitter mode dedicated to the Side Mount.

SideMount Mode: Tank Auto-Switch. You just need to start breathing through the tank. iX3M 2 will automatically show your active tank on the screen. You won't have to press any button.

Modalità SideMount Multisonda: tank auto switch

SideMount: Total RBT. iX3M 2 calculates the RBT (Remaining Bottom Time) taking into account all the Side Mount tanks containing the same mix.
Modalità SideMount Multisonda: Total RBT

NITROX Analyser

Connect the Analyser to the iX3M 2 and turn it into a professional Mix Analyser.

The Nitrox Analyser has access to the iX3M 2 sensors and to its CPU.

iX3M 2 will check the correct calibration and the atmospheric conditions to make a perfect analysis of the Oxygen % inside the tank.

You can also save the mix you just analysed in the available mixes by simply pressing a button.

Great, right?

(Nitrox Analyser sold separately)
iX3M 2 con Analizzatore Nitrox

Integrated Gas Blender

iX3M2 can tell you how to refill your tank in order to obtain your chosen mix.

Just tell iX3M 2 what's inside your tank and which mix you want to get. The iX3M 2 will tell you how to obtain your chosen mix. Both Nitrox and Trimix.

iX3M 2 con Gas Blander

Superb Compass

3D, 1° Resolution and +/-1° Accuracy.

Tilt compensated up to 85° supported by a complete inertial platform. With visual and numerical indication of the direction and the reciprocal direction.

iX3M 2 con bussola

Made in Italy

The Excellence of Made in Italy.

iX3M 2 is developed and built in Italy.

We carefully test every iX3M 2 in our Lab.

iX3M 2 Made in Italy

Ratio Dive Computer's iX3M 2 | Dive Computer

Attachments

• EN_iX3M2.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 296
How is their customer service in the US?

How is their customer service in the US?

I can't tell you for certain but the 2 - 3 people who own a Ratio dive computer from US/Canada I know seemed to be positive about customer service in North America. There is a global technical support email account that are responsive and answer questions in 24 - 48 hours, usually next day based on my own personal experience with them.

I ask because Shearwater's support has been excellent, and my wife's ancient Oceanic Geo 2 flooded but Oceanic is supplying a refurbished replacement for $145. Damn good support, both of them.

I can't tell you for certain but the 2 - 3 people I know seemed to be positive about customer service in North America. There is a global technical support email account that are responsive and answer questions in 24 - 48 hours, usually next day based on my own personal experience with them.
I'm buying one as soon as they are available in Canada!

Does it come with cheap straps?
What is the price in Euros?
Does it use batteries?
Will you be the representative?

You didn't read the information above including the PDF file???

Will you be the representative?

I represent my way; the truth, justice, quality and the righteous HUMAN and God created way!!

Looks pretty cool. I'm surprised it's taken this long for the integration of gas analysis (unless I missed that elsewhere). I like that the hardware is all equal and that versions differ solely by firmware - that could be really useful for someone making their way to tech all the way from OW without having to buy new hardware. I'd imagine most of the common DCs use 95%+ of the same components anyway, so might as well allow upgrade-able licensing. That compass UI could definitely be improved, though!

Back
Top Bottom