Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but doesn't register start air pressure & end air pressure

It certainly does when you download the log into Subsurface.

I contacted Ratio, but no answer... .
They respond within 48 business hours usually or less. What email did you use for them?

I bought the Pro version after reading a bit on internet (and this forum).
All in all it's a very decent computer - very intuitive too.
I bought the wireless transmitter to be able to read out the air (up to 300 bar), but that's not really working :-(

Downside :
- transmitter supports 300 bar but only allows reading out 254 bar (and lower). What the hell is this. My old Suunto transmitter could read out 350 bar without problems. A bit misleading that they don't mention that when you want to buy it (you can find it in the manual though)
- the dive computer shows you the air (254 bar & below), gives an estimation of remaining dive time... but doesn't register start air pressure & end air pressure (well, that wouldn't matter too much if you start with 300 bar) ...
A bit disappointed that those 2 things are not working as they should (compared with my Suunto experiences). I hope they fix that in a later release...

I contacted Ratio, but no answer... .

I've mentioned the 254 bar thing previously:

Yes, disappointing. Wouldn't have been much harder to use a pressure sensor rated to 400 bar and give the full range.

It does capture the start and end pressure, along with the pressure at 1 minute intervals throughout the dive. You should be able to see that if you download into Subsurface. But you are correct if you mean that you can't see the start and end pressure in the on-device logbook.

It certainly does when you download the log into Subsurface.

They respond within 48 business hours usually or less. What email did you use for them?
Hello Boltsnap,
I mailed 'info@ratio-computers.com' 7 days ago (that's the support address via their website).

I've mentioned the 254 bar thing previously:

Yes, disappointing. Wouldn't have been much harder to use a pressure sensor rated to 400 bar and give the full range.

It does capture the start and end pressure, along with the pressure at 1 minute intervals throughout the dive. You should be able to see that if you download into Subsurface. But you are correct if you mean that you can't see the start and end pressure in the on-device logbook.
Hello Stiebs,
Thanks for the return - I did learn something thanks to you & Boltsnap (that it has the data, just not showing it in the on-device log).
I checked the Subsurface tool, works as a charm there (< 254 bar).
I hope that they take this as a feature for a future version (would be nice to see that in the on-device log ...).

For those interested I got an answer from Ratio today on the limits of the transmitter & not visible in on-device log:
  1. The transmitter does support a maximum pressure of 300 BAR; however, the current maximum readable value is 252 BAR. We are actively working on and testing a version of the transmitter that will read up to 300 BAR, with a maximum pressure tolerance of 450 BAR.
  2. The dive computer does record air consumption data, but for space and screen clarity reasons, it is not displayed graphically on the computer's dive log. However, I will forward your request to our R&D team to evaluate the possibility of adding this feature in a future update.

For those interested I got an answer from Ratio today on the limits of the transmitter & not visible in on-device log:
  1. The transmitter does support a maximum pressure of 300 BAR; however, the current maximum readable value is 252 BAR. We are actively working on and testing a version of the transmitter that will read up to 300 BAR, with a maximum pressure tolerance of 450 BAR.
  2. The dive computer does record air consumption data, but for space and screen clarity reasons, it is not displayed graphically on the computer's dive log. However, I will forward your request to our R&D team to evaluate the possibility of adding this feature in a future update.

Excellent!!

So was thinking of getting another transmitter as my current one is a royal unreliable pain in the arse and noted that Ratio has really upped their prices in everything. Anyone else notice that. Upgrade codes for the various computers have gone up, transmitter prices gone up as well as the computers them selves. Will be skipping on any more transmitters from Ratio too high a cost considering the grief I have had so far with my one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom