Ratio iX3M2 transmitter on HP cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've recently hooked my Ratio iX3M2 transmitter onto my twin 7L (300bar) tanks, and have noticed that the pressure reading shows a maximum of 254bar. It'll read 254 bar until the pressure drops below that, and then it decreases in line with my SPG.

I've submitted a support ticket, but got a response back saying they're closed over Christmas, so will be a few days before I expect to hear back.

Does anyone else have any experience with readings above 254bar (3683 PSI) with a Ratio transmitter.

I do find it a strange coincidence that 254 is only 1 less than the maximum 8-bit unsigned integer. I can only assume that the pressure is read into an 8-bit integer in bar, and then for PSI is converted into a 16-bit int for display. Seems odd though.

( .. and if that indeed is the case, surely flame bait for the Shearwater pundits .. )

I've recently hooked my Ratio iX3M2 transmitter onto my twin 7L (300bar) tanks, and have noticed that the pressure reading shows a maximum of 254bar. It'll read 254 bar until the pressure drops below that, and then it decreases in line with my SPG.

I've submitted a support ticket, but got a response back saying they're closed over Christmas, so will be a few days before I expect to hear back.

Does anyone else have any experience with readings above 254bar (3683 PSI) with a Ratio transmitter.

I do find it a strange coincidence that 254 is only 1 less than the maximum 8-bit unsigned integer. I can only assume that the pressure is read into an 8-bit integer in bar, and then for PSI is converted into a 16-bit int for display. Seems odd though.

( .. and if that indeed is the case, surely flame bait for the Shearwater pundits .. )
What happens if you change to non-metric PSI?

What happens if you change to non-metric PSI?
I haven't dived with it on PSI, but be chbtest dhoes it reads 3683 which converts 254 bar after rounding down

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom