T-Reb CCR Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report.
I don't get why most of the new machines are going the e-ccr way when an m-ccr is less troubles and more flexible :)

Thanks for the report.
I don't get why most of the new machines are going the e-ccr way when an m-ccr is less troubles and more flexible :)
I can only speculate the reason to this, without pretending I hold an expert level of knowledge in this industry: a new eCCR put on the market might attract more potential users than an mCCR, under the (false IMHO) premise of "enhanced safety".

Hi to all,

reading your reports, especially the troubleshooting of Andrzej I can imagine where your problems could come from, but let me start from the beginning:
My wife and me have been certified on the unit in May 2021, so I have two of T-Rebs at home with in the meantime roughly over 200 hours on each of them. Each of the units was sent back to the manufacturer once, in the first year of the ownership, both times due to the problems with electronics. After the FW update both units are working perfectly on the air and TX range dives.
I can‘t confirm your opinion that the anti collapse system doesn‘t work as an ADV - i am using it Like this almost all the time and it works good. Our both units came with the swagelock connectors and we are happy with it.
I had once Problem with the canister bottom o-ring that I solved with lubricating the o-ring, so it never happened again.
we never had any problems with the counter lungs or the bayonet connection of those. In the meantime we have disassembled both units many times for disinfection of the counter lungs and everything was ok.

The biggest pros for a Sidemount diver (we are both diving almost only sidemount since more than 8 years) are in my opinion:
- the weight of the unit (around 19 kg or 38 lbs ready to dive) approx. The weight of a 80 cuft aluminum tank incl. the regulator.
- very good work of breathing
- almost neutrally buoyant unit under the water
- easy donning and doffing
- possibility of fully manual control of the unit
- in the meantime rather good software
- on-board oxygen
- very fast and easy to prepare for diving or disassemble after the diving
- rather robust but not indestructible

Sure, they are also some cons, like for example:
- too small controller
- no decompression computer integrated into the controller
- missing the possibility to connect a second dive computer onto the CCR

Back to the descrip of the damage:
- I could imagine that your damage on the counter lungs is coming from inserting the tank between the counter lungs
- the damage on the bayonet connections looks to me either as a transport damage or a material failure, I am excluding that you damaged it by ungentle handling (which could also be one of the reasons).
- Bottom o-Ring is not the best solution but it works if you are not dropping the rebreather around too much.

I would be ready to give T-Reb another chance as a dual back-up rebreather under the premises of being an mCCR on 1st instance and preferably with a delrin-made body.
I heard this would the case now, however nothing I can found officially in this respect.
Anybody has any info in this regard? Anybody has made it to the Bootshow Dusseldorf to see what they are exposing out?

If Shearwater would create a BO-mode for the controller, this would be a good BO-ccr for my use..
That would not be easy in so many ways. How would it know what your gas loading is while running primary CCR? It isn't watching the oxygen cells in the primary CCR. That goes for any bailout CCR.

That would not be easy in so many ways. How would it know what your gas loading is while running primary CCR? It isn't watching the oxygen cells in the primary CCR. That goes for any bailout CCR.

Doesn't Divesoft already do this? A dedicated BO CCR mode?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom