Info Deep6 Excursion Upgrade Beta Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Samsung S10 would not allow me to install DiveStoryCustom until I uninstalled DiveStory. But that might just be me, or an S10, or Samsung.
I just listened to the instructions lol.. I didn't have anything worth saving

Pardon my ignorance...

So, to update my Excursion, I need to do the following:

1. Uninstall DiveStory from my android device (or install on another device)
2. Download and install this APK provided here/on Deep6 site (I don't do FB)
3. Connect Excursion
4. Update Firmware on Excursion (assuming there is a selection like in the previous APK).

So, are previous logs lost in the Excursion firmware update? Deleting the DiveStory apk will also lose these, right? So all logs are lost?

Yes?
Yes. That is exactly what I did and it worked on the first try :) It took a bit to get the APK unzipped on a desktop and the file moved to the Pixel 6a phone...but, after that, no issues.

Anyone know of an updated user manual for the updated FW? I only have the "Version 1.0 Beta" user manual.

Posted to the website and Facebook now.
But it's not???
@LandonL
Screenshot_20221220_220747_com.android.chrome.jpg

I think he is commenting that the currently advertised product on their website does not show as having the new firmware....

It was Landon's message that they were shipping with it....

Thanks. When I looked on the site it says single gas nitrox. So this is an affordable computer usable for tec diving?

The product description has now been updated.

I would like to see the new manual with all the changes.
Anyone know of an updated user manual for the updated FW? I only have the "Version 1.0 Beta" user manual.

That will be a few months, we talked about it and decided it was better to release the firmware now so people can use it, and work on the manual later. We figured if someone really wanted a manual they can wait and just not upgrade.

I'm not a wizard, but if the apps both had different signatures I would think they could both be installed at the same time.

I believe the idea behind removing the regular app is so people don't brick their device by accidentally using that one to link the dc.

No, it is way more benign than that. We basically hacked the app to allow you to side load the new firmware onto the watch. It is a modified version of standard app, so would have the same signature. We didn't create DiveStory, we don't have the source for it to compile custom builds.

Thanks Landon.
I am an Apple guy so will update software when it is available for Apple users. I am sure the manual will be available by then too.
Albert

Thanks Landon.
I am an Apple guy so will update software when it is available for Apple users. I am sure the manual will be available by then too.
Albert

The problem is the iOS ecosystem is way more locked down. You can't install unsigned apps, and you can't root the device. This is what prevents us from putting out incremental releases on iOS. I myself am an iOS and OSX user too. I love my iPhone and MacBook. lol.

When it is no longer beta and we have a final release candidate, it will appear in the iOS version of the app.

If you happen to be in town again this way you can always stop by and I can flash it for you.

The problem is the iOS ecosystem is way more locked down. You can't install unsigned apps, and you can't root the device. This is what prevents us from putting out incremental releases on iOS. I myself am an iOS and OSX user too. I love my iPhone and MacBook. lol.

When it is no longer beta and we have a final release candidate, it will appear in the iOS version of the app.

If you happen to be in town again this way you can always stop by and I can flash it for you.

Hey any update on when apple users can update the DC firmware?

We are working on an application now. We have successfully done firmware updates from both iOS and Android, we just need to clean it up a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom