New toy: Deep6 Excursion, new firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe studies generally show that lithium batteries kept in the 30-70% range of charge tend to last longer. Fully charging devices for storage can sometimes be counterproductive.

I guess there is no charge limit setting though, so this is a bit harder to control.

Anyway after 1 week charge is still at 100%. I will check again in another week.

After two weeks "off", the battery bar still shows full.

I have done about 25 dives on the excursion, and I'm overall pretty happy with the underwater UX. Today after I plugged it in to charge it I notice the backlight is not coming on anymore. Any ideas? I tried various settings of backlight, but it doesn't seem to change much. I'd rather not reset the tissues or logs at the moment.

I have done about 25 dives on the excursion, and I'm overall pretty happy with the underwater UX. Today after I plugged it in to charge it I notice the backlight is not coming on anymore. Any ideas? I tried various settings of backlight, but it doesn't seem to change much. I'd rather not reset the tissues or logs at the moment.
I tried SYS RST, but still no backlight.

EDIT: After a dive, the backlight seems back to normal, and it was working during the dive as well.

I tried SYS RST, but still no backlight.

EDIT: After a dive, the backlight seems back to normal, and it was working during the dive as well.
I experienced the same thing recently. I turned the computer off let it sit then back on and it was back to normal.
A few other minor bugs I seem to have uncovered. For some reason I have dives that will not download to a 3rd party dive log. Multi dive trip where one dive does not load, the dive before and after both download fine.
Downloading to 3rd party dive log can be a pain, the computer seems to not want to be discovered and sync. I have found that powering all the way off and back on seems to solve the problem.
I’m not sure when or if any firmware updates happen. I have a very early build that was causing me some issues downloading dives and a firmware fixed that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom