Monthly Dive and Picnic-Jan 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Everybody,

I'm in. I just picked up some salads (potato & macaroni) and chips.

Who's up for 2 dives?

Greg.

I'll be there! Planning on doing multiple dives. I assume we are parking inside? Thanks!

This will be an good day. I'm planning on two dives, as well.

Hey Rick, are we meeting at the same tables as the last picnic?

Hey Guys,

I see Ren and I are both bring fruit and the sweets have been neglected. So I going to exchange my fruit for cookies.

I will put you down for Cookies...mmmmmm

Hey Everybody,

I'm in. I just picked up some salads (potato & macaroni) and chips.

Who's up for 2 dives?

Greg.

It will be good to see you again, Greg. I will put you on the list.

I'll be there! Planning on doing multiple dives. I assume we are parking inside? Thanks!

This will be an good day. I'm planning on two dives, as well.

Hey Rick, are we meeting at the same tables as the last picnic?

Hi Ken & Rich,

Yes, We will meet at the picnic tables in the North parking lot. See you guys there!

I'm hoping to maybe even do 3 dives if any one is up for it. I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow bright and early.

Ren

Glad you can make it Ren. See you tomorrow!

Rick

Well is anyone going to post a report?

John

Well is anyone going to post a report?

John

OK John,

I was slacking after all the fun. It was a great day filled with awesome diving, great company and good food. My son finally got to dive with is new gear. He really liked it (thanks Tevis).

The vis was 15-20 past 20 fsw.

We had surf that was 4-5 ft (occasionally) on the first dive and 3 max on the second.

There was a bit of surge on the first dive but it mellowed out by the second.

I only saw a single lobster but there were quite a few white sea bass on the first dive and on the second a variety of crabs were moving along the sandy bottom (Fun to watch). My highlight was a seal that would not leave us alone. It tagged along for the last 30 minutes of the dive. Making occasional passes by us (five where the seal stopped right by me). When we exited the surf I could see it looking at us from the surf line. Pretty cool!

Its still COOOLD!!!! I can't wait for the water temperature to reach 60 deg.

A special thanks to Riskster and Mrs. Rickster for hosting this event:D.

I had another great time diving. As always, the only thing I can think about on my drive home is when will my next dive be. However, as far as Sunday I like to thank Rick for letting me borrow his fins after I lost one of mine trying to put it on, before my first dive. You saved my day Rick. Also, I want to thank Nick for being a great dive buddy and being a great sport for having 1 short dive and 1 which we just swam around 'almost' aimlessly underwater. Rich, your thanks go for those awsome burgers and Gaby thanks for not harpooning me on the way back to the beach. Everybody else, thanks for just coming out, the laughs and the support.

Ren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom