Halcyon sueing OxyCheq, US Divers and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't IDI of Turtle Fin fame just go bankrupt as the result of a lawsuit? Would that be "International Divers" mentioned above?

[edit] - double post, same question as Chuck. Didn't see his post.

I believe they are one in the same. This is not good. Halcyon is going for world domination...

People keep mentioning "JJ" in this thread - assuming you are all referring to Jarrod Jablonski, I am yet to see his name mentioned anywhere in the limited documents in the public domain, or hear of his involvement in any manner.

It would probably be a good idea for people to *stop* mentioning his name in connection with the lawsuit, and have a good hard think of the potential consequences of continuing to do so.

Seeing as this lawsuit is not yet concluded, I guess we will all just have to await a verdict (or whatever legal mumbo-jumbo happens) as to the validity of the claims and the ramifications for all involved.

Potential consequences? Are you saying people in this forum are now going to be intimidated into censorship?

JJ is the CEO of Halcyon so how can you have a conversation about Halcyon filing a lawsuit without talking about its agents?

Censorship? I'm not a freaking moderator anymore - I can't intimidate anyone into anything.

Apparently it's not Halcyon's lawsuit - it's a lawsuit filed by a corporation owned by someone other than "JJ". So yeah, mentioning "JJ" might have consequences - not just for the posters posting it, but for ScubaBoard. An Australian scuba forum was recently threatened with legal action because of posts a user made there (totally seperate matter), I'm guessing in litigation-land it's even more likely.

The corporation that filed the suit is "owned" by Robert Carmichael. Robert has a number of "shell" corporations - a common game played in the corporate world.

Among the "others" Robert's name is "connected to" are Global Underwater Explorers and Brownies. GUE lists JJ as its registered agent and on its corporate officer list.

This is PUBLIC INFORMATION and can be found at www.sunbiz.org.

When you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Go digging around on the Florida Corporate web site if you'd like.

Scubaroo:
Censorship? I'm not a freaking moderator anymore - I can't intimidate anyone into anything.

Apparently it's not Halcyon's lawsuit - it's a lawsuit filed by a corporation owned by someone other than "JJ". So yeah, mentioning "JJ" might have consequences - not just for the posters posting it, but for ScubaBoard. An Australian scuba forum was recently threatened with legal action because of posts a user made there (totally seperate matter), I'm guessing in litigation-land it's even more likely.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Your trying to intimidate the owners of Scubaboard into censoring this thread.

"litigation land" ... why don't you come live here before claiming you know anything about here.

chrpai:
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Your trying to intimidate the owners of Scubaboard into censoring this thread.

"litigation land" ... why don't you come live here before claiming you know anything about here.
Ummm...he did...for like 2 years...he just recently moved back to Oz. Would you like a crobar to remove your foot from your mouth?

chrpai:

OMG - too funny. Ben just moved to Oz from San Francisco, or somewhere like that...

Dude - I've said it before, I'll say it again - you REALLY need some anger management counseling.

Now be a good boy and apologize to Scubaroo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom