Halcyon sueing OxyCheq, US Divers and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone want to tell the rest of us exactly what is going on here without a flame war? Like, what exactly is do the patents cover? This is really going to be fun if the DIR guys start to patent things like the long hose, bolt snaps and so forth.

OneBrightGator:
Well, technically I suppose you're right, but then, a corporation can't really file suit, it's not a tangible entity, but then, I doubt Mr. Carmichael did either, I mean, I'm sure he's a very busy man, so we should really say their lawyers have filed the suit!

Give me a break, this is exactly the reason the Carleigh Rae Corp. exists, to give all those involved a wall to hide behind and play shadow games, sorry I showed you who's behind the wall, but I was only doing what you asked and I would think you, of all people, would understand that, especially since lowly old illiterate me got it right off the bat. :winky:

Ben

Ssshhhh.... you're pointing out why certain groups of people tell their clients to do things like that Ben.... you know, its why they think their advice is worth $300/hour.

In truth, the better path as a businessperson is to be forthright and play straight. If people research my former corporate organization, they will find no "shell games" played; I don't believe in it.

IMHO such an organization says, to me, that the organizers of the firm in question are LOOKING for cover (and so are their counselors!)

Now if you're a forthright businessperson engaged in a legitimate enterprise, exactly what is it you're looking for cover FROM? Hmmm.....

OneBrightGator:
I have a scanned pdf copy of the complaint, but it's too big to upload, if somebody has a way to break it into to two pieces I'd be glad to pass it along.

PM me.

Ben

Could you identify the court and caption?

DivePartner1:
Could you identify the court and caption?

It's the US District Court, Southern District of Florida. Sorry, I don't know what "caption" means or I would look for that on the document...

Genesis:
Ssshhhh.... you're pointing out why certain groups of people tell their clients to do things like that Ben.... you know, its why they think their advice is worth $300/hour.

<snip>

Now if you're a forthright businessperson engaged in a legitimate enterprise, exactly what is it you're looking for cover FROM? Hmmm.....

I agree with your Philosophy, unfortunately in our legal system even those who NEVER commit a crime can still get sued and must endure the expense, time, and frustration in dealing with it. Even if they win, they are still out time and potentially goodwill.....thats why many cave in and settle which renforces this ugly cycle and those type of lawsuits continue.

To be clear, I am responding in general and not to the specific allegations in this case -- of which I have NO knowledge.

A bunch of them, DP. Did a PACER search in the Southern District of Florida under "Carleigh Ray" and found 15 suits. The following 12 are probably the patent suits. Two others (Mares and Aqualung) are copyright infringement. Another against Abysmal is probably a patent suit.

0:03cv61798 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. Custom Buoyancy, Inc 09/30/03 02/03/04
0:03cv61799 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. International Divers 09/30/03 01/21/04
0:03cv61800 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. Watermark Scuba, Inc 09/30/03 01/21/04
0:03cv61801 Careigh Rae Corpora v. Sherwood Scuba, LLC 09/30/03 02/04/04
0:03cv61802 Careigh Rae Corpora v. Hughco Sales Company 09/30/03 01/05/04
0:03cv61803 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. Ocean Management 09/30/03 01/20/04
0:03cv61804 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. Tabat USA, Inc. 09/30/03 10/01/03
0:03cv61806 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. Deepoutdoors, Inc 09/30/03 01/29/04
0:03cv61807 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. Duffy 09/30/03 02/04/04
0:03cv61808 Careigh Rae Corpora v. Divetek, Inc. 09/30/03 01/30/04
0:03cv61809 Carleigh Rae Corpora v. Lamartek, Inc. 09/30/03 01/21/04
0:03cv61811 Careigh Rae Corpora v. Cressi-Sub U.S.A. 09/30/03 02/02/04

Hmmm... I wonder if its just coincidence that IDI went out of business just a few months after the lawsuit was filed???

Back
Top Bottom