Florida Springs Trip 02/18/05 - 02/21/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
What is this holiday that you keep mentioning. Feb18-21 is not any holiday that I am aware of?

Jason
Extremely early spring break? Maybe like spring-break mini-season? :wink: I guess for bookings if you hit Valentines you might have some troubles, but i dont know what kind of retreat you could really get in High Springs. :wink:

Simon,
Any of you guys going to be around Ginnie that week-end?

Jason

Yes probably, i will start some kind of thread nearer the time showing the folks over there back to your thread - but they arent as good at forward planning as you guys :wink: I will also probably be around if any of you take a cavern class later in the spring!

dwright:
Funny how things can look taken out of context :11:

I don't get it?? :06: Maybe it is just too early for me to get it.

Hey guys, lets talk food! What are ya'll bringing? :angel:

I guess everyone is staying until Monday except for Charlie. Is that correct?

Monday is Presidents Day - a bank/legal holiday except for the majority of us working stiffs!

In 1968, legislation (HR 15951) was enacted that affected several federal holidays. One of these was Washington's Birthday, the observation of which was shifted to the third Monday in February each year whether or not it fell on the 22nd. This act, which took effect in 1971, was designed to simplify the yearly calendar of holidays and give federal employees some standard three-day weekends in the process.

Apparently, while the holiday in February is still officially known as Washington's Birthday (at least according to the Office of Personnel Management), it has become popularly (and, perhaps in some cases at the state level, legally) known as "President's Day." This has made the third Monday in February a day for honoring both Washington and Lincoln, as well as all the other men who have served as president.

Jason B:
What is this holiday that you keep mentioning. Feb18-21 is not any holiday that I am aware of?

Jason

YOU want to talk food??!!?? Geezzzz!!!!
Ya must mean all the important food - beer, chips, candy, cookies....as all the "regular" meals are set?

suthnbelle:
Hey guys, lets talk food! What are ya'll bringing? :angel:

NCDiver2004:
beer, chips, candy, cookies....
The 4 major food groups :wink:

I don't think SCUBA skills is what Dale :devil_2: had in mind.....of course, as a true Southern Belle, you couldn't "possibly understand youah meanin', Sir". :D
suthnbelle:
I don't get it?? :06: Maybe it is just too early for me to get it.

LOL...Charlie is not only a human calculator, he's also a walking encyclopedia!:D

I don't think Presidents day is one of the big travel holidays so hopefully we'll be fine as far as crowds with kids go.

Jason

Thanks for the compliment, Jason - but this only proves that I use Google!

Jason B:
LOL...Charlie is not only a human calculator, he's also a walking encyclopedia!:D

I don't think Presidents day is one of the big travel holidays so hopefully we'll be fine as far as crowds with kids go.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom