Taking a multi-day trip to the Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For anyone else trying to find the fossils at Devil’s Den: there are tons but the easiest ones to find are large fossil sea biscuits on the dark/back side. If you stand on the platform facing the stairs there is one platform to your left and one to your right. If you go to the LEFT platform and descend, the corner that points towards the wall points DIRECTLY at a large grouping of fossil sea biscuits. Look a few feet above the floor - once you see the first few you’ll start seeing them everywhere (even in the swim-throughs!).

P3260378.jpeg

Waiting on those pics, @MrChen
I know I know... I've only gotten as far as copying videos off the GoPros and quickly reviewing the content. I got sick last week, more excuses and didn't spend any time on the computer through the holiday week.

I finally found some time to slap some video together for the Devil's Den dive. For starters, my buoyancy was off, I was overweighted. This is also the first time I mounted my GoPro on my mask, and it was pointing downward too much. It was also a challenge diving with my large DSLR rig. We did a 1h 15m dive, here's about 15m of it. We didn't find any fossils, but we were looking.

Devil's Den dive.
Wow, I've never seen it "not crowded" like in your ending photos. The stairs usually has 2 lines on it, up & down. It's a fun place to visit, but I still like the ocean. Great job on the vid !!

Wow, I've never seen it "not crowded" like in your ending photos. The stairs usually has 2 lines on it, up & down. It's a fun place to visit, but I still like the ocean. Great job on the vid !!
It wasn't crowded at all. There were maybe 6 divers following a guide and a handful of swimmers at the surface.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom