Florida Springs Trip 02/18/05 - 02/21/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
So where are all our Virginia friends?! Ken, Pedro, Vanessa....I'm concerned that you guys might dry out!

Jason

Jason and all,

I will be in Orlando, FL visiting family during spring break (19-27 March 2005), so I will be getting at least one probably two days of diving during that time. I may go to South Florida, the Keys, or the Springs not sure yet. I may be going in February as well for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary but the actual celebration date is unknown. It is possible it may fall on the same weekend (18-20 February) of your outing. If it does, I will try and be there for one day.

I haven't heard from the other folks, except Seawitch2 (Volky), about their interest in going on the trip.

If I don't see you guys in February, I will definitely see you in April.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Pedro

Here's some links for your use - note that there is a form on Ginnie (pdf) that you can download and print, sign and have ready for diving - highly suggested.

http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/dive.html

Fees:

Cylinder, Single $8.00

Admission Fees:
Certified Cave Divers
(certified "Full" Cave Divers or Equivalent) $20.00
All Other Divers $27.00

Devil's Den:

http://www.devilsden.com/default.htm

Motels: (note - nearest town is High Springs, FL)
Florida folks probably know the area better than we do (even though I admit to being a FL native!) so we'll leave them to their own devices. Here's a couple of links listing the motels in the area, the first one appears to be pretty comprehensive:

http://www.greatoutdoorscafe.com/h_lodging.htm

http://yp.bellsouth.com/yp.dyn?state=FL&city=HIGH+SPRINGS&heading=HOTELS+MOTELS+INNS&srch=X

Gainsville, FL is about a 20 min drive from High Springs.

Out of picking between Ginnie and Blue Grotto or Ginnie and Devils Den, I think you made the correct decision :) Me and a buddy were there at the end of Oct and dove all three sites and we liked Ginnie and DD the best. There was a FCD megadive party at Ginnie(which is where we camped) as well - good time :D

I was looking into heading back to Ginnie again in January or Feb, its still too early for me to figure on dates, but if everything falls into place - maybe our paths will cross. There are several springs in the area and we'd probably be camping/diving Ginnie as well as one or two other springs(probably not DD or BG as we've been and would like to check out others before repeating). I didn't get a chance to night dive Ginnie on my previous trip, but I hear its fun :) Like Simon stated, you'll have to pay Ginnie's diver's cost for each day of diving if you want to avoid potential trouble... they do give arm bands, and they are different colors for different days. My last trip out, I had 4 different arm bands on by the time I was on my way home...

There is a trip report for Ginnie/BlueGrotto/DevilsDen including what to expect as far as depths and sites go right HERE. Actually, depths for DD are around 55', its not on the report.

Like I said, maybe my schedule with coincide - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to make sure nothing changes :D

I was just wanting to give a definate commitment to this trip. Going to just meet ya'll down there. Going to be my non-diving girlfriend and me. Should be a blast of a trip, can't wait to have some fun in the springs.

Matt

Great Matt! Look forward to meeting you there. There's a possibility that some (or most) will stay all day Sunday, returning Monday. Will post more as we make decisions.

Corigan:
I was just wanting to give a definate commitment to this trip. Going to just meet ya'll down there. Going to be my non-diving girlfriend and me. Should be a blast of a trip, can't wait to have some fun in the springs.

Matt

NCDiver2004:
Great Matt! Look forward to meeting you there. There's a possibility that some (or most) will stay all day Sunday, returning Monday. Will post more as we make decisions.

Sounds good Charlie, most likely my GF and I are just going to be doing some camping and coming back on Sunday. So we are just going to be using the camping facilities that are located at Ginnie. Should be a fun weekend of diving, looking forward to meeting/diving with ya'll.. :)

Matt

well sorry been gone so long had to deal with father , brother death. which took me away for awaile . any way just looked in and seen this thread. looks good for me have to try to get off now. !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Joe, welcome back. I was wondering where you were. I haven't really seen much of you around since the DUI DOG days at Lake Rawlings. Sorry to hear about the recent deaths....hope all is going well.

Jason

medic13:
well sorry been gone so long had to deal with father , brother death. which took me away for awaile . any way just looked in and seen this thread. looks good for me have to try to get off now. !!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, glad you are back! I'm sorry to hear about your father and brother. I hope you will be joining us on the Springs trip.

Mel

Just a general note on rental vehicles. Usually if you can work it out and get the car at an airport there is unlimited mileage (even out of state).

LindaBluedolphin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom