Florida Springs Trip 02/18/05 - 02/21/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good deal Glenn, hey, are you coming out to Fantasy Lake on the 5th (I know you live close by).?

Jason

Matt, Don - of course you are welcome - that being said - this is in the preliminary stages - as Jason pointed out, we haven't even set the weekend yet! Matt, guess you'd have to plan on how to get there from Woodstock, Don, does the US still have diplomatic relations with the soverign state of Texas? You might need a passport! - Guess you'd be flying in to Tampa/Ocala or where ever you can from Lubbock and meeting us - where ever that might be - yet to be determined. Looks like we have 6 from NC already, - 2 more would make the trip efficient, and if Don and Matt join us, that's 8 total. Guess its not too hard to get NC types to commit to getting wet in warm FL in Feb!! I'm sorta voting on the van rental, but Mel and Kristi seem to have volunteered their vehicles. Dale - I'm going to suggest a "chat" on your site for us NCWD (others welcome also) to discuss the three prime questions: 1) What weekend in Feb 2) How to get there (cars or rental van) and 3) Camp, Cabin or Motels. I'm supposing a lot of us will be scarce this week, and so maybe we can do it on 12/1 at 8pm - usual Wed nite time, special date. OK?

Sounds good Jason and Charlie. Might as well just put me down, I don't have anything planned in Feb, so this sounds like a great idea to me. Anybody going to be bringing any non-divers? My GF will be coming with me. If nothing else she is a chef and can cook for us on my roadtrip grill at the campsite. I will have no problems finding my own way down to the springs.

Matt

Corigan:
Sounds good Jason and Charlie. Might as well just put me down, I don't have anything planned in Feb, so this sounds like a great idea to me. Anybody going to be bringing any non-divers? My GF will be coming with me. If nothing else she is a chef and can cook for us on my roadtrip grill at the campsite. I will have no problems finding my own way down to the springs.

Matt

Already thinkin about food eh??? Hahahaha

Charlie:
Don, does the US still have diplomatic relations with the soverign state of Texas?
LOL, from my experience with Texans, I'm surprised he didn't say "Florida...what part of Texas is that in?":wink:
Hey Kristi, we haven't met, but Charlie always has good things to say about you (thanks for calling him while we were in our nitrox class-we needed a pee break bad :jump: ).

So it looks like we have...
Charlie (NC)
Kristi (NC)
Jason (NC)
Mel (NC)
Glenn (NC)
Dale (NC)
Don (the great state of Texas)
Matt (& girlfriend...GA)
So where are all our Virginia friends?! Ken, Pedro, Vanessa....I'm concerned that you guys might dry out!

Jason

What was this about, Kristi...?
Check the cottage out..

If I can make it, I'll fly in with gear and rent wheels, but not camp. Is there a cottage there I can rent? I was thinking I'd commute from a nearby motel? :shades:

Don and I might be able to come down in February too. We are leaving Michigan just after Christmas and will be in Hilton Head, SC until some time in late April. We'll be in Daytona and Orlando Easter week. We might try to combine the Ginnie Springs trip with a Crystal River trip also. Will try to participate in the upcoming chat.
We also hope to get in some NC diving along with a visit to my alma mater, UNC Chapel Hill. There's nothing like Chapel Hill in thr spring time!

lisa4516:
Don and I might be able to come down in February too. We are leaving Michigan just after Christmas and will be in Hilton Head, SC until some time in late April. We'll be in Daytona and Orlando Easter week. We might try to combine the Ginnie Springs trip with a Crystal River trip also. Will try to participate in the upcoming chat.
We also hope to get in some NC diving along with a visit to my alma mater, UNC Chapel Hill. There's nothing like Chapel Hill in thr spring time!

Hi Lisa, I hope you and Don will be able to make the trip. The more the merrier! Also, Crystal River wouldn't be a bad idea either. We'd have a better chance of seeing the manatees and we can check out Kings Spring. We'll definitely talk about Crystal River at the chat. How far is Crystal River from Ginnie Springs?

Mel

DandyDon:
Is there a cottage there I can rent? I was thinking I'd commute from a nearby motel? :shades:

Hi Don! I'm glad to see you may be joining us in Florida. There is a cottage and this is the link Charlie posted earlier in the thread. http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/camp.html

I guess we can talk about accomodations the night we chat. Personally, I don't feel like dealing with taking down a campsite after a day of diving. Especially if we're going somewhere different each day. It would be different if we were staying in the same spot for a couple of days. Just my opinion and you all know I have lots of them. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom