Trip Report Bonaire and Curacao Trip Report March 18- April 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics and report! Surprised to hear negative comments about the op on Bonaire; I think it's usually mostly positive about them.

Hi @DirtFish

Sorry you got burned by Grouper at Den Laman. We stayed in it one night and then bailed for a better room. We had the same problem with dust and dirt during construction of Chogogo. Trip Report - Bonaire: Den Laman and Dive Friends, Sept 28-Oct 12, 2019 We have stayed at at Den Laman 6 times and have stayed in 3 great rooms, Parrotfish, Yellowtail Snapper, and Wahoo.

The pier has always been private, only for use of guests at Sand Dollar and Den Laman. There has always been a sign there with that information. There has always been easy parking and access to Bari Reef from the strip of land south of Den Laman. The construction of the park has obviously destroyed that. I would have no idea what access to Bari Reef reef for visitors might be now, perhaps none. I would imagine it will be through the park in the future.

We have always really enjoyed our relationship with the Dive Friends folks at the Sand Dollar/Den Laman location. I believe they have suffered from staff turnover like many businesses. There's no excuse for rudeness, I would imagine the access problems for Bari Reef is a constant problem for them.

More pics

Tugboat / Marazul / Dive Charter Curacao / Hanging out with Neptune / Playing with tanks
20230406_125424~3.jpg
20230404_084629.jpg
20230403_113623.jpg
IMG_7598~2.jpeg
IMG-20230401-WA0007.jpg

The pier has always been private, only for use of guests at Sand Dollar and Den Laman. There has always been a sign there with that information. There has always been easy parking and access to Bari Reef from the strip of land south of Den Laman. The construction of the park has obviously destroyed that. I would have no idea what access to Bari Reef reef for visitors might be now, perhaps none. I would imagine it will be through the park in the future.
I have always found Dive Friends' personnel to be helpful and polite, but I suspect their patience has worn thin from a barrage of divers trying to access Bari from the pier.

Thanks for the report @DirtFish

If I get back to Curacao, I will definitely try the Eastpoint diving with Dive Charter Curacao Is Watamula still in good shape? It was the best dive we did in 2010, twice. Love your shot of the Glassy Sweepers in the porthole.

Even with a single backmount, with good gas consumption, you can dive from Bari to Cliff, switch out tanks at Hamlet Oasis, and swim back to Bari. A really beautiful dive and a great way to spend half a day.

Thanks for the good trip report.

If the guy wanted a tank to dive solo and he didn't have certification and their insurance requires it why is it a strike against the employee for denying service?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom