Florida Springs Trip 02/18/05 - 02/21/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the compliment, Jason - but this only proves that I use Google!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Jason

NCDiver2004:
Monday is Presidents Day - a bank/legal holiday except for the majority of us working stiffs!

Apparently, while the holiday in February is still officially known as Washington's Birthday (at least according to the Office of Personnel Management), it has become popularly (and, perhaps in some cases at the state level, legally) known as "President's Day." This has made the third Monday in February a day for honoring both Washington and Lincoln, as well as all the other men who have served as president.

You know, I work for the Treasury and we call it President's Day. I guess OPM is just behind the times. : )

suthnbelle:
Are you going to try and make any of our future trips, like the springs or the wreck trip of April 1st?

Most assuredly. I hope to make the next springs trip (and yes, I'll second or third the opinion about a night dip into the Ballroom - it's wonderful!) and, with a little luck, the April Fool's day dives. Can't wait to meet you guys in person.

Oh, and Simon, it was good seeing you at the Conch Meet & Greet - Too bad we didn't have more time to visit.

My best to all,
Grier

Is anyone else getting excited about this trip, or is it just me?!!

25 days and counting..........

Also, for those of us not taking the cavern course it looks like these are the dives we're doing for now. I know, we could change our minds once we get there but I'm posting the tentative schedule anyway:

Saturday morning: Devils Den
Saturday afternoon and night: Ginnie Springs
Sunday: Orange Grove at Peacock Springs

The ones heading back on Monday MAY try and get a dive in somewhere on the way home.

So you have a plan it seems, i take it BobbyF is taking you touring around OG? Its one of many dives in the area i am thinking of doing in the next few weeks.

simbrooks:
So you have a plan it seems, i take it BobbyF is taking you touring around OG? Its one of many dives in the area i am thinking of doing in the next few weeks.

Yes, Bobby has been kind enough to offer to act as a guide. I'm really excited about the OG dive. He is also bringing a bp/w for me to try out. I'm going thru that whole saga of whether to go back inflate or bp/w. Also, whether to get quattros or jets. Decisions, decisions, decisions.........

You will have to give us a trip report regarding your next OG dive. How about some photos too?

FYI for anyone that is joining us at OG on Sunday. I limit the group in the h20 on a guided tour to 3. So far I believe we will have about 5 or 6. The plan is to put 3 in the h20 4 including me do a dive then switch out. I will be in full cave gear so I can stay in the h20. At OG you have to be cavern or higher to get in the water with out an instructor.

Here's a PDF file that has lots of useful info on Ginnie Springs. I also have an Emergency Assistance Plan that I prepared for the site that I'll be glad to email to anybody who wants a copy. It's a couple of years old, but still pretty accurate.

-Grier

:07: (daddy sent mama flowers once and that was the card. at least it *was* valentine's...)

any body else getting excited about this trip? should i bring the chips, cards, and poker tiara (used to dazzle my opponents so they can't concentrate & i can rake it in)? are we ever going out to eat anywhere that will require makeup? (mel or kristi, you field this one. i don't want to know their opinions.) anything else?

BabyDuck:
any body else getting excited about this trip? should i bring the chips, cards, and poker tiara (used to dazzle my opponents so they can't concentrate & i can rake it in)?

I'm getting real excited, just hoping my ear infection clears up before then. I'm going to be bringing lots of games as well since I'm going to be camping away from the group 2 out of 3 nights. Right now my tenative plan is to camp devil's den Fri., camp ginnie Sat., and camp O'leno state park sunday with some friends. Hopefully all comes together with my ear so I can have some fun with you all this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom