Do all agree ATOMIC is indisputable best!!!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since no one else brought it up, isn't titanium a shortcoming in a regulator? I understand it to be incompatable with high O2 concentrations, which (if true) would make a reg made from it totally useless as an O2 decompression reg.

Maybe you don't plan on decoing on O2, but if I was shopping for the "undisputed best" I'd think twice about one that would be inappropriate for some uses.

Of course, I don't use any titanium regs, so I might be misinforming you, but it's something to consider.

Moogyboy:
Couldn't put it better myself, Jonny (I would just add to the end: "or who aren't as well off"). I actually wrote a much longer reply but ditched it for fear of sounding even more loathesome than I already do. :) I rather wonder if I'm gaining a reputation around here as a working-class-GenXer curmudgeon.

djanni: My humble apologies if I offended you. Nothing personal intended.

cheers

Billy S

Moogyboy, you and Jonnythan have me feeling pretty small at the moment. I can't talk myself out of this but I would like to say...

I've never shelled out any hard earned money for status. My money is as important and as valuable to me as I'm sure it is to you. Yet I'm willing to shell out a little more if I'm sure I'm getting great stuff. "Best" is a relative term. I haven't bought anything yet. I hope you've noticed I'm not here asking about the new Atomic T1x or the T2 at about $1,800 list. I can buy a B2 from my LDS for exactly the same price as a ScubaPro MK25SA/S600. $517.00. If you read the reviews at Scubadiving.com the B2 may have a half dozen rivels at best and it's not a review by a novice like me. In fact their reviews rate it ahead of the ScubaPro, AquaLung LX Supreme, Zeagle Flathead and etc. So... I threw up the word "best" to simumlate conversation. Guess I accomplished that.

djanni:
Moogyboy, you and Jonnythan have me feeling pretty small. No way I can talk myself out of this but I would like to say...

I've never shelled out any hard earned money for status. My money is as important and as valuable to me as I'm sure it is to you. Yet I'm willing to shell out a little more if I'm sure I'm getting great stuff. "Best" is a relative term. I haven't bought anything yet. I hope you've noticed I'm not here asking about the new Atomic T1x or the T2 at about $1,800 list. I can buy a B2 from my LDS for exactly the same price as a ScubaPro MK25SA/S600. $517.00. if you read the reviews at Scubadiving.com the B2 may have a half dozen rivels at best and it's not a review by a novice like me. So... I threw up the word "best" to simumlate conversation. Guess I did that.
You certainly did stimulate conversation.. and I hope you took home that there's nothing undisputed about the B2 being the "best." If you simply asked what the "best" regulator was, there are probably several others, and several other brands, that would appear at least as much, if not more, than Atomic.

Also, since we're talking about it, scubadiving.com isn't regarded very highly around here, and their reviews are far from the last word.

jonnythan:
You certainly did stimulate conversation.. and I hope you took home that there's nothing undisputed about the B2 being the "best." If you simply asked what the "best" regulator was, there are probably several others, and several other brands, that would appear at least as much, if not more, than Atomic.

Also, since we're talking about it, scubadiving.com isn't regarded very highly around here, and their reviews are far from the last word.

Mr. Jonnythan... I just went back and reread your posts to the thread. The only thing you've contributed is mockery and cynicism. You've not offered a single constructive comment.

To be SB Staff I'm dissappointed in both you and SB. Please do not reply to any of my future posts!

djanni:
Mr. Jonnythan... I just went back and reread your posts to the thread. The only thing you've contributed is mockery and cynicism. You've not offered a single constructive comment.

To be SB Staff I'm dissappointed in both you and SB. Please do not reply to any of my future posts!

I have to agree with djanni's response. I must admit that I would expect someone who has the title "SB Staff" to have submitted more responsive and helpful responses. While I think most of the responses by others provided helpful information to the original poster, I think it's sad that a few detract from the discussion by attacking the poster. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that is not the purpose and mission of this board.

No it's not. I like Apeks BECAUSE IT'S MY OPINION

I dive atomic only, as does my buddy. Both of us couldn't be happier with our purchases. My buddy had a few problems with his titanium SSI, leaking air, but our B2's have been flawless and amazing breathers on 200 + dives between us at depths up to 140ft. Our next and only forseable reg purchases will be Atomic only! My 2 cents. Sid

Wouldn't dive with anything but poseidon myself. But, thats because it fits my type of diving, cold water wreck diving. In my opinion, nothing is as reliable or breathes as easy at depth than a poseidon, especially in cold water.

ScubaTexas:
I have to agree with djanni's response. I must admit that I would expect someone who has the title "SB Staff" to have submitted more responsive and helpful responses. While I think most of the responses by others provided helpful information to the original poster, I think it's sad that a few detract from the discussion by attacking the poster. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that is not the purpose and mission of this board.

It certainly wasn't my purpose and mission. Again I apologize for any hurt feelings. I'll humbly bow out of this thread now.

cheers

Billy S.

Simple statistics.
You just have to ask enough people and sooner or later, you'll hear the answer you wanted to hear. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom