Do all agree ATOMIC is indisputable best!!!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
Atomic make good ski's tho..:wink:
The really confusing part of this is model numbers that apply to both skis and regulators.

I hear Atomic B2 and my brain goes haywire thinking about Atomic Metrons and Rossignol B2's. It was especially bad in January and February when I spent as much time on the ski forums as I did here. I think I actually cried once.

I have an Atomic M1, and I don't agree. Not because I don't love my reg; because I do, but because there is no "best" reg.

Any of the top line regs are going to be comparable; Atomic, Apeks, Scubapro; even the high-end Aqualungs, Zeagles, and Mares regs are going to perform on par with the best money can buy. I'm sure I've left some out, like Dive Rite, but the point is, when you get a high-end reg, it comes down to personal preference, subjective criteria, and percieved value/performance.

It sounds like you have your mind made up, so get the B2, my wife has one and she loves it and you'll love it too.

skeet:
DONT buy yet. 560 dollars, noooooo. Call LARRY at scubatoys.com and dont drop the phone when you hear his low price.

I appreciate your reply... I think??? Do I think you're cynical, yes!

BTW I have a LEICA Digital-Modul-R / 9 camera. It's top notch. Outstanding picture quality. Difficult to beat in any category. Exactly as I would expect from any new regulator I might buy. Humm... I don't have an underwater case for it. Know where I can get one?

I'm 48 years old. The kids are out of collage. I work hard for what I have. I have a good job. I have some extra money. You seem to resent anyone who appears to have a extra buck or two.

djanni:
You seem to resent anyone who appears to have a extra buck or two.
I can't speak for skeet or moogyboy, but you do come across as someone really flamboyantly flaunting their expensive gear as the best... and it feels rude, especially to those of us who do not think that gear is the best to begin with :)

No, absolutely not, to much plastic, look cheap, to big and clunky feeling, design by style--nope. N

jonnythan:
I can't speak for skeet or moogyboy, but you do come across as someone really flamboyantly flaunting their expensive gear as the best... and it feels rude, especially to those of us who do not think that gear is the best to begin with :)

Couldn't put it better myself, Jonny (I would just add to the end: "or who aren't as well off"). I actually wrote a much longer reply but ditched it for fear of sounding even more loathesome than I already do. :) I rather wonder if I'm gaining a reputation around here as a working-class-GenXer curmudgeon.

djanni: My humble apologies if I offended you. Nothing personal intended.

cheers

Billy S

Bottom line to these last four pages - buy what you're happy with, assuming you get a chance to try them. For warm water, recreational diving ANY regulator will work so long as relatively modern and properly serviced. Don't type here -get out and dive.

doesn't it go something like this:

The best regulator on the planet is the one giving you air when you're underwater.

??

Amen

djanni:
I appreciate your reply... I think??? Do I think you're cynical, yes!

BTW I have a LEICA Digital-Modul-R / 9 camera. It's top notch. Outstanding picture quality. Difficult to beat in any category. Exactly as I would expect from any new regulator I might buy. Humm... I don't have an underwater case for it. Know where I can get one?

I'm 48 years old. The kids are out of collage. I work hard for what I have. I have a good job. I have some extra money. You seem to resent anyone who appears to have a extra buck or two.

For close $6,000 dollars it better be a good camera.

Any way, I just wanted to say you completely mis-read skeets remarks. He wasn't saying to not buy the Atomic reg because it was too expensive, or because it was not good. He was telling you to call Larry from Scuba Toys because you might get a better deal (and keep your warrantee).

I bought all of my gear (or at least most of it) from Larry because like you I want to have top-of-the-line gear, I don't want to pay top-of-the-line prices if I don't have to. Paying $50-$100 more for a regulator won't make it breathe any better, just like paying $50-$100 dollars more for you camera won't make it take better pictures.

...or, for that matter, does paying more make you a better diver or a better photographer.

Back
Top Bottom