Cozumel Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! If an Op rinses & stores wet suits, the pee-soup will just be shared. I wouldn't want to hand wash your underwear! If you can't wait for yours to stop dripping, then stuff it in a waterproof bag until you get to your room, then rinse & dry it yourself. I take a small bottle of pet urine remover on trips to add.
03.gif

How hard it is to not use the bathroom every 20 minutes? :confused:
Haha, underwater - it can be impossible. There is a term for it.

Haha, underwater - it can be impossible. There is a term for it.

You're right Don, there is a term for it, poor thermal protection. If you can't control your ability to pee during a 60 minute dive, you need a better wetsuit. Since switching to a 7 mil I don't usually feel cold at all, and I rarely feel the need to pee. And when i do i am able to control it. I think that people just get in the habit of doing it, and most don't even try to hold off. Imagine if you did that in the rest of your life, just peeing in your clothes every time you felt the urge. That will limit your career options :)

there is a term for it, poor thermal protection.

I'm not aware that there is a clear consensus on the etiology of the diuresis experienced by many divers. It is commonly thought to involve pressure, though, so in that case there would be no way around it.

Hi, we have always used Aqua Safari but have heard they don't store your gear overnight anymore. Could anyone suggest a dive operation that stores your gear and maybe has smaller boats ( don't want to do the 16 divers boat if possible ). We like to stay at Hotel Casa Mexicana but would switch if we have to..

Have you contacted Aqua Safari to ask if they do store gear? I wouldn't go on just what I've heard, I'd go to the source and ask them.

I'm not aware that there is a clear consensus on the etiology of the diuresis experienced by many divers. It is commonly thought to involve pressure, though, so in that case there would be no way around it.

I'm sure there are several factors that come into play. Just from my experience if I'm cold I pee, if I'm not I don't. And there is always a way around it. Self control until it becomes too uncomfortable, then end the dive and use the bathroom. Same as you would if you were out at dinner, or driving your car.

I have been diving with Tres Pelicanos for the last 14 months (around 150 dives) and have always liked their service. They transport your gear to the boat, set it up if you wish, then haul it all back to the shop. They will then clean your gear, including a wash in light detergent and THEN a fresh water rinse (not a quick dip in a single common tank) and store it overnight or throughout your trip if you wish. They have been primarily been using Servando Ramirez as their DM, who is a fantastic DM, since they opened but several weeks back Jorge (formally from BA) came over so they now have two great DM’s.
I usually have stayed at the Casa Mexicana or The Bahia (of the two I prefer the Bahia due to price and room size) and have had no problems enjoying the great buffet at Casa Mexicana each morning and then strolling over to the shop (1 1/2 blocks) and getting in the cab (that they provide) to the Caleta. I believe Jennie has hotel / dive packages with both hotels plus all the other main hotels.
On the dive they allow you to ‘dive your’ tank which I find enjoyable and this normally allows for extended bottom times. They run a small (10 max but usually 8 or less) fast boat that is very comfortable.

I'm sure there are several factors that come into play. Just from my experience if I'm cold I pee, if I'm not I don't.

Does beer make you cold?

And there is always a way around it. Self control until it becomes too uncomfortable,

How is that on sac rates? Doesnt that also encourage failing to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate?

Same as you would if you were out at dinner, or driving your car.

You don't keep a soda bottle handy to avoid stops! Gotta make time when driving!!!

And dinner you can set your beer on the urinal. You don't have to quit dinner.

:)

Back
Top Bottom