Cozumel Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The term is "cold water immersion diaresis" and while keeping warm would affect this, there is also (as noted above) a pressure component, in that the hydrostatic pressure causes an increase in blood pressure. So proper exposure protection will help, but some of us still gotta go.

Interesting to hear there is a pressure component- I find it harder to pee when deep. In fact, I noticed I had to pee at the end of nearly every dive (and based on the number of people who dove back in to check the props after their tanks were off, others did too- or maybe people just really like those propellers; great piece of machinery) but rarely was able to pee while diving. Shallow (and much colder) dives at home, I usually would go; but part of that was just for warmth; I could have waited. You know, like I wait everyday until break time because I'm highly discouraged from peeing in my office.

If I had rented my wetsuit, I could have refrained from going as asked.
Of course, with my SAC rates most of my dives were under an hour.

Why can't you babies just bring your own tanks and weights to Cozumel instead of using the dive shop's rental tanks and weights that have likely been peed on?

Now you're talk'n.

Oh, never mind, I thought you meant carry your own tanks to the boat, not fly with them.

---------- Post added February 4th, 2014 at 01:03 PM ----------

And while not having to pee over the course of a 60 minute dive may indicate to some that one is not well-hydrated, let's all remember that it's depth and time that are the significant risk factors for DCS, not dehydration. That's despite what 17 of you are going to say when you respond to this post telling me otherwise. :)

kari

You're absolutely wrong.

Probably not. But I figured I'd get the ball rolling. 1 down.

If you haven't gone by your SS, what else you going to do then...?
I'm in!!
CONCLUSION:

Hydration status at the time of decompression significantly influences the incidence and time to onset of DCS in this model.

Dehydration effects on the risk of s... [Aviat Space Environ Med. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI
Psst! Out of date thinking. Whatever their study found has been disproven. Hydration has little to do with DCS risk, unless you ask a chamber doctor who hasn't read the medical updates in years.

Psst! Out of date thinking. Whatever their study found has been disproven. Hydration has little to do with DCS risk, unless you ask a chamber doctor who hasn't read the medical updates in years.

CALL DAN IMMEDIATELY !!! They apparently think staying hydrated is generally a good idea for diving. It is all over their website and they even conned hyperbaric medicine experts to say it. They probably should instead talk to people would know stuff about pressure and diving and such instead of this hyperbaric thing. Is that like warp drive units or something?

Of course it's a "good idea" and not just for diving. It's just that lack of proper hydration is not the primary cause of DCS; that award goes to depth/time combos. Call DAN immediately, and ask them.

We're obviously gonna make this personal, early March.

Of course it's a "good idea" and not just for diving. It's just that lack of proper hydration is not the primary cause of DCS; that award goes to depth/time combos. Call DAN immediately, and ask them.

I highlighted the key word in all this.

Oh, dear, I'm gonna need an 'egg' proof panama?

Ok, I must say you changed the terms on me. I would NEVER say hydration is the primary cause. Kinda like "its the economy..." Dive profile and all. Anyway, you said hydration is an insignificant factor. I was disagreeing with that. And Don. More Don really. Even though he had not posted yet, I was anticipating.

I was saying what Dan seems to be saying. Hydration is important and significant however it would not make a bit of difference if you dive a stupid profile.

We are going to have to dump the beer and wine and go straight at it over tequila shots!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom