Cozumel Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to be more specific when asking about "storing gear". Be advised that several of the dive ops mentioned here, as cvchiefs notes for his suggestion, will not store your wetsuit, leaving you to drag the soaking wet urine-stinkin' mess back to your hotel room.

Or worse yet (in my case) through town to my house....

You might want to be more specific when asking about "storing gear". Be advised that several of the dive ops mentioned here, as cvchiefs notes for his suggestion, will not store your wetsuit, leaving you to drag the soaking wet urine-stinkin' mess back to your hotel room.

Or some will store your gear but not rinse it and hang it - some will store your wet gear in your wet bag in the dive shop without rinsing it and hanging it

Great point, Christi. Eww.

In my case, the dive shop is not necessarily the one actually storing our gear. Our DM takes care of it personally and does take and rinse our wetsuits (which the shop explicitly does not do). We learned this when my wife went by the shop to grab a light she'd left clipped to her BCD and found it was at our friend's house. He'd never said a thing and never asked for anything to do this for us.

Another dive shop to consider is Mestizo Divers. Freddy will rinse your gear and have it ready for you when he picks you up for your next dive. His website does not show pictures of his new boat yet but it's a beauty.

Good Point Christi. Alison washes the gear and hangs it to dry. She is a little anti-germ, so they get clean. And also explains why she doesn't like 'used' wetsuits!

Yesterday I was with Jeremy at his shop while he washed the wetsuits. In addition to the soap that went into the water, he added a capful of "stink go away" or something like that. Guess that's one reason why my wetsuits smell so nice and fresh!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom