Cozumel Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to be picky....but DCS is not mining related problem.....but there may be a few tunneling contractors who use elevated air pressure to reduce water seepage into the opening.
First cases of DCS were from tunnel workers, but some mines also pressurize.

You can get DCS without diving. You can get it from working in mines or flying unpressurized. Apparently astronauts also have to protect against it when they work outside the spaceship.

still a combination of depth/time.

still a combination of depth/time.

But not diving.

---------- Post added February 5th, 2014 at 02:54 PM ----------

Not to be picky....but DCS is not mining related problem.....but there may be a few tunneling contractors who use elevated air pressure to reduce water seepage into the opening.

Not a common one, absolutely- but there are mine related issues that -could- get you bent.

Ascent could bring health risks to miners ? The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

Dear Mike,

I can personally swear to the no hot water shower thing. Many years ago my GF and I returned from a VERY aggressive dive. I heard the shower go on and warned her about that. Within 15 seconds of hot water she had a big purple skin bend on her belly. Causation? Correlation? There is definitely some connection.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Yowch! Did you guys report it to DAN, just for recording it in their database?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom