Long weekend hotel recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LDBuckley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi gang - we’re looking at a 4 night trip to Cozumel this summer. My wife likes Aldora Divers, which is the plan. It’s my first trip to Cozumel, any input on staying at Casa Mexicana or other hotels you’d recommend? We want to eat in town and avoid the all-inclusive offerings. We usually stay at higher end hotels but I’m advocating for “clean but good value” this trip. Seems we want to stay on the ocean for ease of dive boat pickup in the morning, is that right? Appreciate any input or suggestions. We’re a couple (45+), looking for good food, safe diving and some relaxation time. Hope everyone is staying well!

Casa Mexicana is definitely clean but good value, and good breakfast, and good location for walking around town -- easy to get by without renting a car. However, while it is across the street from the water, it's not really "on the ocean" for purposes of hanging out on the beach, snorkeling, etc., but an easy, short walk to the Aqua Safari pier where Aldora picks up.

Still a great choice for this type of trip, but wanted to be sure you understood that. Taxis are cheap in Cozumel (ask price before getting in), so it's easy to take a taxi to a beach club or Chankanaab to enjoy for the afternoon.

I'm considering the same. Emailed Villa Aldora for their stay & dive package:
  • Free nitrox with Aldora Divers
  • Free rental gear with Aldora Divers
  • Free tanks for shore diving from hotel
  • Pick up from their pier
  • Ride to the dive shop & Mega
  • $10-$12 airport shuttle service
Aldora does not seem to have a restaurant or offer breakfast. Are there breakfast places close by?

No good breakfast options close by. All rooms at the Villa have at least a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave, so you can manage breakfast in your room and keep some cold beer on hand, maybe some lunch meat for lunch sandwiches. Some of the rooms have full kitchens. Aldora’s pickup time is 7:30, give or take a few. Most breakfast places don’t open early enough to really give you much time. I stay at the Villa, get up and have breakfast around six, and a couple of cups of coffee before 7:30 pickup. Not exactly a relaxed morning, but I’m not rushed.

Aldora does not seem to have a restaurant or offer breakfast. Are there breakfast places close by?
We haven't stayed at Villa Aldora, but when we stay in condos north of town we often pick up some pastries the night before from either Zermatt Bakery (near the main plaza, just watch their closing time, and closed Sundays I believe) or the bakeries at Mega or Chedraui (both of which also have full grocery selections if you want to cook).

The villa will transport you (or pay for cab) to and from the Mega grocery store. Think of a super, super walmart. They have everything you need for making quick breakfast to full breakfast. As mentioned, Alot of rooms have full kitchen's . Those that do not have a frige and microwave, coffee maker... You can have Toast with jam, scrambled eggs (in microwave), coffee, pastry, juice, cereal in any room.
The Teienda Sedena (Small grocery store) is 10 min walk. Villa Aldora has bikes (with helmets) available 24/7 and that makes the small grocery a 3 min bike ride.
The closest breakfast is hemmingways but too far to get there and eat before and get back by 730. Best to make your own.

Where do you see this info about the free ride to Mega and the free airport shuttle? I am staying there soon and haven’t seen or heard of this on the Villa or dive website.

Hi gang - we’re looking at a 4 night trip to Cozumel this summer. My wife likes Aldora Divers, which is the plan. It’s my first trip to Cozumel, any input on staying at Casa Mexicana or other hotels you’d recommend? We want to eat in town and avoid the all-inclusive offerings. We usually stay at higher end hotels but I’m advocating for “clean but good value” this trip. Seems we want to stay on the ocean for ease of dive boat pickup in the morning, is that right? Appreciate any input or suggestions. We’re a couple (45+), looking for good food, safe diving and some relaxation time. Hope everyone is staying well!
Consider Blue Angel. I will be there tomorrow.

Where do you see this info about the free ride to Mega and the free airport shuttle? I am staying there soon and haven’t seen or heard of this on the Villa or dive website.
They emailed me this info when I asked about their Stay & Dive package.
Airport shuttle was quoted as $10-$12

Thank you all for the breakfast feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom