Breakaway Connector for X-deep Bolt Snap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In backmount you dont need it, but in SM it is a way to share air in case of emergency.

What is this........ "sidemount"..........you speak of?

Oh, let me introduce you to our Lord and Savor, Lord Sidemount!

Only the second best way to dive.

First best way to dive is as always: Dive Naked!

Great job and great idea.
Would that design fit regular bolt snap?
Also which size do you suggest?
I will ask around for someone with a 3D printer.
Thanks.
for regular bolt snap there is another model. look at that site. there are actually two models.
Xdeep did not fit cuz it has a different ring so I designed this!

I've always just used rubber o-rings where breakaway connections were required. This should work as well.
not really.... in sidemount training for example there is a skill where you donate our CLIPPED 2nd stage. o-ring config wont work, as you will have to replace oring after you do this skill :)

also orings did not work for me very well as they get very brittle when exposed to sea and sun. several dives and... your clip is gone! i

also orings did not work for me very well as they get very brittle when exposed to sea and sun. several dives and... your clip is gone! i

after many more than several dives using two orings and cable ties I change these fixings during maintenance

Great clip design! I have also used 0-rings in the past, but this looks like cool BC Bling. For the few bucks to print one, I think it's great, Well done!

You asked! We listened!

Let me introduce you the Fist Free Breakaway Connector for X-deep Bolt Snap (S size)!

There are three versions of clip with inner/outer diameter:
(A) 10/18mm
(B) 11/19mm
(C) 12/20mm

Was too lazy to go to storage room to get some hoses and I had only my Deep6 reg with their orange hoses to try on, so made three different size to fit different hoses.

It was a dirty job, but somebody had to do it! :))

Breakaway Connector for X-deep Bolt Snap (S size) by Roman_Markovtsev
X-Deep bolt snaps are too expensive to lose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom