Review xDeep Seal SL:01 drysiut - first impressions and review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arround 40 dives. The suit is holding up great. And with full winter undergarments if still feels great. I did modify the boots I'm using a bit (cut out the tongue) so they fit much better.

I'm completely bone dry in it. No defects or stray threads or such.

I did however modify it a bit. Mainly, I've cut open the protective zipper end and sewn it back as teo separate ends since is much easier to operate it like that.

The Antares is also working great. Not a single leak or problem with it.

Overall, I'm loving th suit. It's apsurdly comfortable and a joy to use.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 324
Here are some additional photos of the suit.
Both me an my friend have one. There are 3 suits in the club, and all three of us are super content with it.

One friend has it as his first suit, so he can't comment, this is my second suit, and the third one it's his fourth suit, and he says it's the best suit he used. he had a some cheap old drysuit, a ursuit, a santi elite and now this.

By far the best fitting and comfortable suit he used. As for me, going from an old school cordura vulcanized rubber suit to this is like wearing a wetsuit.

Also you can see in one of the pictures what I like about the suit the most, is that the zipper is a bit higer and it goes above the belt. So the belt is not compressing the zipper compared to different suits.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 329
Where are you getting these prices from?
They seem to go at roughly €2700 as far as I can tell.
These were the old v1 prices. V2 is a bit pricier, and has silicone seals by default.

I got the suit more than a year ago, befor thr global dive gear price hike. And pefore they started pushing the marketing hard.

These were the old v1 prices. V2 is a bit pricier, and has silicone seals by default.

I got the suit more than a year ago, befor thr global dive gear price hike. And pefore they started pushing the marketing hard.
It's a plastic bag with 2 valves. An extra €1000 a year later for new seals?

It's a plastic bag with 2 valves. An extra €1000 a year later for new seals?
Don't look at the Santi or DUI prices then. :D
And going with this connotation, then a seaskin or frogman suit would be perfect? It's just a plastic bag with 2 valves. and a lot cheaper.

Thanks for the write-up, @drakcheslav! I've been seriously considering purchasing the seal, and your insight has helped me greatly. I'm awaiting some new undergarments so I then can take proper measurements for the drysuit. Now in the meantime I need to find some swanky custom pvc patches for the arm/pockets...

how's the suit held up? where did you get it from?

I ordered it from my local xDeep dealer. The suit is still as new. I've had more than 100 dives, and not a single problem with it. The seals are holding up great, and the suit is super comfortable. It took some getting used to the trilam socks, but now IMHO, the best thing ever. I use regular hiking boots with them.

I know that the new price is increased quite a lot, but IMHO, the suit is still worth it.

I've so gotten used to the high zipper that it just feels right. And even the gloves didn't leak not even once. Which I know realize it's strange considering its an Antares system. :D

I do get bothered from time to time with the rings when I'm not using gloves. They chafe, but that will be with all systems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom