Review xDeep Seal SL:01 drysiut - first impressions and review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered it from my local xDeep dealer. The suit is still as new. I've had more than 100 dives, and not a single problem with it. The seals are holding up great, and the suit is super comfortable. It took some getting used to the trilam socks, but now IMHO, the best thing ever. I use regular hiking boots with them.

I know that the new price is increased quite a lot, but IMHO, the suit is still worth it.

I've so gotten used to the high zipper that it just feels right. And even the gloves didn't leak not even once. Which I know realize it's strange considering its an Antares system. :D

I do get bothered from time to time with the rings when I'm not using gloves. They chafe, but that will be with all systems.
What first stage regs are you using? They look like the nx700s that were recalled?

In my case as an XDeep dealer, the effective production time of the custom suit was 4 weeks and the entire delivery process from placing the order till receiving it lasted abt. 6 weeks. I also benefited from the extra dealer discount for instructors.

The quality overall appears very good, in line with the promises.

There were however 3 shortcomings and the follow-up form the Seal Team was disappointing and the support non-existent.

I opted for the neoprene neck seal and here is the biggest problem I have. The neoprene neck seal is not water proof at all; its (unusual) shape whilst unfolded is naturally curved towards the front, this leaving more material in the backward area of the neck to tuck-in, than in the frontward area. Basically, there is no room for the backward extra material to be tucked-in completely. Even with a skirt-type hood over, the seal does not become water proof, any slight movement will allow water to ingress heavily.
1.1.jpg
1.2.jpg
1.3.jpg

There are no Velcro adjustable straps fitted on the ankles, to prevent the air for moving easily down on the legs; there was no option for adding the same during the customization phase.
2.jpg

There are no quick release plastic buckles fitted on the elastic inner suspension straps, again there was no such option for adding the same during the customization phase.
3.jpg

I was keen to retrofit the suit with a normal, classic straigt-up neoprene seal, velcro straps on the legs and buckles on the inner straps on my own extra expense, however the Seal Team said a bold NO, mentioning they are not keen to “offer to make changes to suits for custom preference requirements. We cannot install solutions that are not ours and are not in the SL:01 offer.”

This non-supportive and even rude attitude is disgraceful and I do not think I can go ahead and recommend this suit to other potential customers.

Now I am forced to send the suit for retrofitting to another manufacturer who does modifications for other 3rd party brands as well.

In my case, the internal glued seams handcraft appears rather poor and made in a rush and has some flaws, particularly on the boots, neoprene neck seal and wrist cuffs. No leaks so far after abt. 50 hrs on the suit.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.gif
5.jpg
6.jpg

Hi

Seal starts to offer standard sizes. These are pictures taken at the Boot 2024.
IMG_1874.jpeg
IMG_1875.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom