Breakaway Connector for X-deep Bolt Snap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
You asked! We listened!

Let me introduce you the Fist Free Breakaway Connector for X-deep Bolt Snap (S size)!

There are three versions of clip with inner/outer diameter:
(A) 10/18mm
(B) 11/19mm
(C) 12/20mm

Was too lazy to go to storage room to get some hoses and I had only my Deep6 reg with their orange hoses to try on, so made three different size to fit different hoses.

It was a dirty job, but somebody had to do it! :))

Breakaway Connector for X-deep Bolt Snap (S size) by Roman_Markovtsev

Impressive!
If you sell them, I’d be interested in one perhaps.

just download and STL file from the site and print out. I bet you can find someone with 3D printer as they are very popular now. it is just 10 mins print.
or you can order it from any 3D printing service.

How often do you need to break-away your primary second stage? Is this a thing?

looks nicely made.

How often do you need to break-away your primary second stage? Is this a thing?

looks nicely made.

In backmount you dont need it, but in SM it is a way to share air in case of emergency.

download and STL file from the site
How the hell do I do that, I hit the "download all files" but I can't see anything with STL on it? Sorry, I've never done this before lol

How the hell do I do that, I hit the "download all files" but I can't see anything with STL on it? Sorry, I've never done this before lol

there is pop up with ad. wait for 5 sec and download will start automatically. there will be zip archive with all files. 3 STL files and 3 Fusion 360 source files plus photos.

Great job and great idea.
Would that design fit regular bolt snap?
Also which size do you suggest?
I will ask around for someone with a 3D printer.
Thanks.

I've always just used rubber o-rings where breakaway connections were required. This should work as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom