American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They just booked for June. It was almost the same price to CZM with a stop in MIA. She is flying nonstop. All that said, a livaboard is always a great idea.
Non-stop from where to where?

Two Aggressor trips? You are a brave person. Hope nothing goes wrong...because you usually can't count on Aggressor to help out. :(

Yeah I know there's always a risk - 2 of the 6 aggressors we've been on are gone (red sea 1, socorro). I try to get a room with direct outdoor access whenever possible, I have DAN and a nicely equipped ditch bag.

Still, I feel there's better diving on the lobs with far less effort

Still, I feel there's better diving on the lobs with far less effort
I agree....and there are many options besides Aggressor.

entourage. She felt it was not worth the savings. They just booked for June. It was almost the same price to CZM with a stop in MIA. She is flying nonstop

That's what the AA Nazis bank on, that our time is worth it. It's like they have someone working on pricing the nonstop flights perfectly so that the money savings isn't worth it.

When I total up all the expenses for a two week Cozumel trip, a couple hundred dollars variation on the air fare isn't all that much of a consideration.

That's what the AA Nazis bank on, that our time is worth it. It's like they have someone working on pricing the nonstop flights perfectly so that the money savings isn't worth it.
No airline does nonstops to CZM from the NYC metro area. It’s not just the AA “Nazis”. None of them….must be an entire airline industry conspiracy! Years ago United had a seasonal nonstop from EWR to CZM. It just went away after a year or 2. We live in CZM full time. If I need to get to the northeast I fly from CUN because I can get to New York nonstop while it’s still daylight. Flying from CZM gets us in at almost midnight . I fly back home to CZM. Cozumel is not the easiest place to get to from most parts of the US nonstop. Happy to have a reasonable alternative with Cancun.

I believe JetBlue still does a nonstop JFK to CUN as well. They are usually the cheapest.
She books whatever is the best deal flying with her family. She even did Frontier once…..

….must be an entire airline industry conspiracy!
Well, it sort of is. Every airline knows what all the others are charging on every route, and if they are the only alternative, they charge more. Welcome to the "free market". :D

Back
Top Bottom