2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

45 minutes with weights, will go for a run tomorrow. I agree that even small changes are good for you. I work in a six floors commercial building and since January 5, I stopped using an elevator and take the stairs all the time ( I move between floors quite a bit). That should help to improve my fitness and I don't have to listen to the elevator music. :vomit:

Diving tomorrow so that will count as exercise! Whoo Hooo!!!!
Went to Dr this morning abou the foot. Need to get a brace for it, and I should be good to go to start running again! Still gonna try for the 5K on Feb. 1, and still on the fence for te 1/2 in two weeks, especially since I have run once in 3 weeks and even then it was less than 2 miles!

Friday was a teach/travel day and I usually ask the students help tear down and load equipment in my vehicle. Instead, I did all the tear-down and loading myself up and down stairs at a pace to intentionally keep my heart-rate up. It took a bit over 30 minutes.

A bit unconventional as far as fitness goes, but it felt good. :)

Friday was a teach/travel day and I usually ask the students help tear down and load equipment in my vehicle. Instead, I did all the tear-down and loading myself up and down stairs at a pace to intentionally keep my heart-rate up. It took a bit over 30 minutes.

A bit unconventional as far as fitness goes, but it felt good. :)
Hey buddy, it all counts:D. What kind of teaching? Diving?
I promised yesterday, I'll run today and I did:acclaim:. 8k/ 5miles.

Today did 30 minutes of free weights before Spin Class. The Class was 45 minutes of speed and hills with a few jumps. Then the class got off the cycles and used Body Bars for some yoga style abs, arms and back exercises; finished up with some really good stretching. This all took another 30 minutes. Absolutely worn out at the end. But, had so good blood flow that when the shower turned cold I didn't mind; well I didn't mind as much as I have in the past.

To top it off when I walked outside the ice fog had disappated and it was a wonderful sunny winter day; temp: -44F, visibility at least 100 miles (I could see the mountains and that is about how far they are away) and Bright sun.

Wonderful!

I got to dive yesterday. We did Pompano drop off. It was a good 1/3 mile swim from shore. We stayed on top on the way out. I was buddied with a newbie, so when we finally got to the drop off, we stayed only about 10 minutes before coming back in, underwater. I try to use as little energy underwater, so I am sure I didn't use too many calories or get my heart rate up. The walk from the beach to our car was longer than what I am used to doing on a shore dive, so I did get a little workout in.
Goodive, good going on the 8K. That is awesome! I am struggling trying to get running again. So outa shape in such a short time. Getting fitted for ortho-whatevers for my foot next week, and I hope that will allow me to start running again.

Took Kidlet back to college today. 5 trips between parking lot and dorm and up and down 4 flights of stairs carrying stuff ought to be worth something!

After spending most of the day watching football:happyjazz: I got up and went for 8k/ 5 miles run again. Felt little bit better then yesterday.
To Scuba Jenny. I got a custom made orthotics a few years ago and it did help me in the way that a can run more without getting injured and my back is fine, even when I haul around my steal 100 doubles (knocking on the wood).:smash:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom