2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been crappy in logging exercise. Sorry!

Tuesday 8/11 - Recovery day. Did some resistance training which made my legs really sore, so I thought it wiser to relax.
Wednesday 8/12 - Still sore, so I took another day off.
Thursday 8/13 - Back on the job! Elliptical (35 minutes), approximately 2.70 miles and over 400 calories. Afternoon - Pilates DVD (30 minutes)
Friday 8/14 - Hike on our beautiful lands end coastline with my best friend. About 40 minutes, varied terrain.
Saturday 8/15 - Day 1 of the Couch to 5k Program that I am going to start. A bit of lower leg pain, so I need to figure out strides a bit. Followed up with a walk on the beach with Mark - 75 minutes.

Last edited:
Sunday 8/16 - Gym day. Elliptical (15 minutes) - 208 calories and 1.16 miles. Free weights (upper body and some weighted lunges) - 15 minutes. Elliptical (27 minutes) - just over 340 calories and 2.34 miles. Treadmill (15 minutes) - .75 miles and I can't remember the calories, around 100. Stretching.

Hi there,

New to this thread. Was on another fitness thread before that seems to have died. So hope you don't mind if I jump on board.

Just back from a long dive trip 2+ months. And while the diving was amazing 95 dives! Small island living and warm water diving does very little for fitness. Was in top shape before I left but found it difficult to find room for even regular walking & motivation for push ups in my room faltered over time.

Im sure my drysuit, steel tanks, long surface swims and all the weight are going to seem a bit heavier ;-)

My weight lifting/rock climbing gym, the pool, hiking, & ny mountain bike are all neglected :wink: So now that jet lag is passing and this cold is almost cleared up - time to get back at it!

Humm, still light outside - think I'll start with a long walk/hike! Thanks for the support !

Jump right in Kathy! It's nice to see more people involved, and it helps to remind us all to do the things that keep us interested and active!

Sunday:
Took a 15 mile ride. Rode at different intensities. Easy Warmup, Fast Draft swapping lead, Sprint/Coast Intervals, Cool down. Fun and varied!

Monday 8/17 - Week 1, Day 2 of the C25K program (31 minutes). Still doing walking 90 secs, running 60 secs with 5 minute warm up and cool down. Had some pain in the peroneal tendon, so one of my running sections was only 1/2. Felt pretty frustrated at the end of the session so I went for a swim. 1 mile.

:DThanks for the welcome Bob & Sarita! Great to join ambitious exercise junkies :wink:.

Sarita what are you training for? It sounds ambitious!

Yesterdays walk/hike was quite nice. My pup was happy :wink:. Walked down about 1.5 miles then said what the heck. Climbed a steep 15 minute hill/mountain to catch a gimpse of the bay in the setting sun. My sea legs were a little rubbery but not to bad :wink:. Overall probably 40+ minutes of walking/hiking.

Today decided to start back in the gym. Will take it easy for 2 weeks. Brake the body down into 3 workouts & I love freeweights

Today was chest/shoulders/tri

Starting slow - For each body part 2 exercises - 3 sets each exercise - minimum of 12 reps each set - about 75% of max.

Then 15 minutes interval training on the elipitical machine.

Was a breeze and now I wished I did more. But better for the body to start off a little slow for warm up ;-).

Got on a scale and was pleased to be much light than I though. 2 weeks of good eating and I'll be back at where I started before this trip filled with restraunt food :wink:. Starting the clean eating now !

Does diving count as exercise for this forum? Going diving this weekend :D!

I always count diving as exercise, especially in our chilly waters. Actually, that is my exercise for today. I am in Castroville right now, heading to Carmel, more than likely.

As for what I am 'training for' - simply life. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Tuesday 8/18 - Diving! Nothing like a midweek dive! Dives were 61 minutes and 56 minutes in length. Water temp about 53 degrees in shallows, 51 degrees deeper. I am TIRED!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom