Which duct tape do you use for labeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same. If I'm prepping cylinders at home, I'll usually cut it and mark the percentage, MOD, pressure in the tank, and date.

If I do it at the fill station on the way to the dive site... it's just getting percentage and maybe MOD. Chances are all four of my steels are going to have the same or very similar gas mixes in them...
I do have permanent markings on the tanks. This is analysis and confirmation otherwise.

For others I can see why they might need something more durable.

advance AT8 in yellow is really good and easy to read underwater but hard to cut …

I recently tried a couple of types of gaffer tape and they all peel off the tanks during the first dive.
Any recommendations of durable colored (I use different colors for different mixes) available in the US?
I used to use duct tape which never gave me problems with durability but hear a lot of great things about gaffer tape that wanted to give it a try.

I have yellow, green, white, and red gaffer's tape, 1-inch wide rolls.
I color code things as well as write info on the tape.

I recently tried a couple of types of gaffer tape and they all peel off the tanks during the first dive.
Any recommendations of durable colored (I use different colors for different mixes) available in the US?
I used to use duct tape which never gave me problems with durability but hear a lot of great things about gaffer tape that wanted to give it a try.

Yeah the generic brands like that are usually pretty crap. Try Gaffer Power or Pro-Gaffer I have had good luck with them. Only issue I have found with them is if you leave them on for really long periods of time like on B/O they tend to leave a residue behind.

Tried the exterior painters tape... I love it! Sticks great, no residue, and somehow always tears perfectly straight.
Or it doesn't tear at all, one of the two happens every time.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom