Helmet, but which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need a helmet for diving. I want to attach lights while working under water, nothing more, nothing less. I tried thsi one Temu | Explore the Latest Clothing, Beauty, Home, Jewelry & More it did not work at all. Without helmet my neck slightly touches the valve's handwheel (d8.5 lt steel, DIR manifold) when in normal diving position. So far so good. But the helmet has a distance of about 3cm to my neck so it's very disturbing, I can not bend my head back.

No, my gear is OK. Cylinders are in the lowest position, I will not change anything on that.

I need another kind of helmet. It must lay directly on my hood, no padding in between. And I think it will even be necessary to cut out the helmet in my neck.

From your description, this what I would do first. You already bought it..can't really return it, so butcher it to fit your needs.
The item linked is similar to a Petzel I use. This one sits taller on me, but fine for intended purpose.

20240806_131543.jpg

I did notice it feels pretty tight. But I only wear a thermocline thin hood, and the helmet fits (barely) with the hood on.

If it becomes a problem I can always cut away (or modify) the suspension stuff inside it.

I'm talking about AFTER I removed the suspension components, still not going to fit me very well. LOL

Thank you. It seems I have to test the light monkey helmet, might fit after removing the inlet.

I will test and tell you.

I use Petzl Vertex helmets as they are comfortable, do not need any mods aside from drilling holes, and work well for dry caving/mine pottering. Good with a bare head or 5mm hood.

I have one for SM dives, with a Scurion + back-ups fitted, and one for use with my JJ, that has no Scurion as it pushes against the loop.

I also use an Ecrin Rock, but it’s a little small with the thicker hood and has a lower profile light, so is reserved for smaller places, and have tried various canoeing/Mares/LM/construction/Dive Rite helmets over the years with varying degrees of failure.

Bought everything from amazon : Safety helmet for like 45$. Two cheap lights that really do a great job so far. Inside i put 3d mesh very comfortable i previously remove all the inside of the helmet. I did some cutting to the helmet also. Work like a charm. I did get the idea from Inner space Explorer check YT.
I need a helmet for diving. I want to attach lights while working under water, nothing more, nothing less. I tried thsi one Temu | Explore the Latest Clothing, Beauty, Home, Jewelry & More it did not work at all. Without helmet my neck slightly touches the valve's handwheel (d8.5 lt steel, DIR manifold) when in normal diving position. So far so good. But the helmet has a distance of about 3cm to my neck so it's very disturbing, I can not bend my head back.

No, my gear is OK. Cylinders are in the lowest position, I will not change anything on that.

I need another kind of helmet. It must lay directly on my hood, no padding in between. And I think it will even be necessary to cut out the helmet in my neck.

Years ago I used a child's icehockey helmet. I took out the padding and it fitted well. But todays child's helmets are much more soffisticated, I don't know if I can clear them out without destroying.

Any ideas? Thanks
1724370975051.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6879.jpeg
    IMG_6879.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6881.jpeg
    IMG_6881.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 17
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back