A couple doubles questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4. Weights in the pockets is kind of an open secret among some GUE communities in the NW. if yiure going to do it. I’d cave line the weights to a tiny bolt snap so you can clip them in.

5. Weight belts are under appreciated. It’s a really good place to add weight in doubles.
In the same vein, ankle weights are a great way to correct the head-heaviness with a minimal amount of lead. I used to use a 6 pound tail weight for my HP100s and a drysuit, but found that 3 pounds of ankle weight has the same effect. (Heavier fins serve the same purpose, but might not be enough.)

A lot of people aren't fans of ankle weights because they're an entanglement hazard. I personally feel the risk of this is absolutely tiny, at least with ankle weights like these Seasoft PRO Ankle Weights | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

In the same vein, ankle weights are a great way to correct the head-heaviness with a minimal amount of lead. I used to use a 6 pound tail weight for my HP100s and a drysuit, but found that 3 pounds of ankle weight has the same effect. (Heavier fins serve the same purpose, but might not be enough.)

A lot of people aren't fans of ankle weights because they're an entanglement hazard. I personally feel the risk of this is absolutely tiny, at least with ankle weights like these Seasoft PRO Ankle Weights | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL
You have to draw the line somewhere and the cons of ankle weights outweigh the pros.

You have to move that weight every time you kick and that’s not worth the extra metabolic demands. It also isn’t needed if you do all the other things.

I think weights in the pocket is a hack too, but I know people that do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom