Which duct tape do you use for labeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
Until now I used a Tesa tape but they do not produce this type anymore. I tried other tapes but they do not work very well. What I would like to have:
- easy to tear, no scissors or theath needed
- it must stick to the cylinder but
- it must be more or less easy to remove it
- permanent marker must work fine on it

The old Tesa was perfect. It had some kind of webbing inthere, this made it easy to tear. But webbing was not very solid, I could tear it by using 2 fingers of each hand only.

What do you use? Thanks.

Sounds like you have a very strange tape fetish like me. Well my tape fetish is pretty bad.

Looks like your in Switzerland so you in luck! Check out Magtape Xtra usually many online shops in the EU/UK that sell it. This is my go to. After that is Pro-Gaff or Gaffer Power tape (this comes out of the USA) this is nice tape too but I find after about 10-15 dives the marker starts to fade quicker than on the MagTape. Also if you leave this stuff on for several months it tends to leave a residue that you need to scrape off with a knife. 3rd ont he list is Nichiban cloth tape (this stuff comes from Japan) but i think this is a little too glossy so the maker can rub off about 6-10 dives if your BO are rubbing up against your body/arm some.

1696752012511.png

I have used the 4-inch Gaffer Power tape from Amazon. and I like it. A roll has lasted me for a few years.

The Magtape mentioned above but in white - I ordered it from Amazon

Waterproof gaff tape. Not duct tape. The sharpie wears off of duct tape. Gaff tape holds up better, comes off cleaner.

Off the jungle There was another brand "tape ninja" that I like slightly better but can't be found anymore. I am sure it is the nearly the same as the magtape.

Looks like the magtape will be more available in Europe.

1696777914215.jpeg

3M - 2-50-3903-WHITE 3903 Vinyl/Rubber Adhesive Duct Tape

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom