http://www.diveheart.org/

Updates on Kimber/TekDiveGirl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok -- so it's been awhile since I have posted anything about how I was doing. (That would be an understatement) but there really hasn't been any good to tell.
...snip...
Things are definitely looking up! :cool2:

Hi Kimber,

What a strange coincidence. I was just thinking about you this week and wondering how it was going with you. I'm happy to see that it's going a bit better.

Aside from diving, how are you getting along in "normal" life?

it's nice to see you posting again.

R..

Hiya Kimber! GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

I'll make a deal with you. If you get yourself out here to Florida, I'd like to treat you to your first WWW (warm water weenie) dive. How's that for motivation?
04.gif

Funny you should mention that Joyce...

I am likely visiting Puffer the last week in June and he said he always goes to your house for the 4th of July! :D I will just have a lot of stuff to work out by then.

LB - This is not a contest to see who dives with Kimber first, so stop it you brat. :mooner:

Sorry Kimber, LB can be such a brat, he just cares about your recovery as much as we all do.

I know. We were both really active on SB and MOF when I had my accident in June 2006. He has followed my progress been super supportive all along.

I wanna dive with her first though :D :popcorn:

I will add you to the list!! :D

Kimber - This is most definitely excellent news. I'm so excited and thrilled for you.

It was wonderful to meet you in Catalina earlier this month.

Please keep us posted on your progress, maybe if I return to Catalina in October you can dive with us rather than being surface support/company. :D

Miss you. :kiss2:

It was great meeting you too!

Absolutely!!

It sucked sitting there alone on the bench while you guys all dived, I don't want to have to do it again.

Miss you too
WOO HOO!! I like it!!!

When are we diving together?!?!?! Has to be a warm water dive though :D :D :D

Hehe! This isn't Facebook! :wink: I dunno! You live a bunch of states away!

I am planning to visit Puffer in Florida this summer...

Kimber, This is wonderful news. I hope that diving will once again, be a part of your life but more importantly, gives you the motivation to work hard and continue your physical therapy.

Funny you should mention that Joyce...

I am likely visiting Puffer the last week in June and he said he always goes to your house for the 4th of July! :D I will just have a lot of stuff to work out by then.

I know. We were both really active on SB and MOF when I had my accident in June 2006. He has followed my progress been super supportive all along.

I will add you to the list!! :D

It was great meeting you too!

Absolutely!!

It sucked sitting there alone on the bench while you guys all dived, I don't want to have to do it again.

Miss you too

Hehe! This isn't Facebook! :wink: I dunno! You live a bunch of states away!

I am planning to visit Puffer in Florida this summer...

Stop spreading rumors about me :wink: Soon people will start to think I am a nice person :) :) :kiss2:

I will keep very positive thoughts that you will be in the water with us rather than on the bench the next time I'm in Catalina. :D

Stop spreading rumors about me :wink: Soon people will start to think I am a nice person :) :) :kiss2:

That's right, stop spreading those rumors....cause I can CONFIRM that LB is a nice person. :kiss2:

Hi Kimber,

What a strange coincidence. I was just thinking about you this week and wondering how it was going with you. I'm happy to see that it's going a bit better.

Aside from diving, how are you getting along in "normal" life?

it's nice to see you posting again.

R..
Thanks! :)

You had to ask didn't ya?

I was trying to avoid anything other than positive stuff.

Not so good.

Over the past 6 monts or so I have seen a rapid increase in the spasticity in my right hand/wrist and left ankle/foot/toes.

This causes pain and lack of function.

My hand balls up into a fist -- my anlke turns inward with the toes clawing like a bird.

Balance is difficult -- standing and walking for more than short periods of time is extremely painful.

I move forward though, because there isn't any other option.

I am hopeful the therapy will help with some of these issues.

Thanks! :)

You had to ask didn't ya?

I was trying to avoid anything other than positive stuff.
We'll keep it short then.

I know you're a survivor. Keep fighting and keep your attitude positive. I know I don't need to say that to you.

We'll keep our thoughts with you too. Eyes on the prize, girl. You go.

R..

We'll keep it short then.

I know you're a survivor. Keep fighting and keep your attitude positive. I know I don't need to say that to you.

We'll keep our thoughts with you too. Eyes on the prize, girl. You go.

R..

I'm sorry! Thank you for asking!

I just don't think anybody wants to hear me whine about things getting worse... :depressed:

I do have something to push towards now!

I'm sorry! Thank you for asking!

I just don't think anybody wants to hear me whine about things getting worse... :depressed:

Go ahead, talk to us. Believe me, we'll tell you when we've had enough.

Oh - and don't forget to breathe.......

DC

I think back to the day and hate to admit I figured you were done. I can't really express how happy I am at being wrong. Despite the setbacks, you've been kicking some serious ass. Hang in there, great things to come.

Looking forward to hearing your next dive report!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom